Running NSV!

Options
To start, I'd like everyone to know that I was never a natural born runner. Actually, until recently I HATED running. Although I'm fairly certain I didn't like it because I lacked endurance. I was the girl in high school that walked the mile and pretended I didn't care that all of my friends were lapping me.

Well that same girl just ran 3.25 miles in 35 minutes last night! I never thought it would be possible to enjoy running long distance , but I definitely do. This one is for the history books (at least my history book :smile: )

Replies

• lovestobaketoo
    lovestobaketoo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep up the good work:)
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So jealous!! Super NSV. I tried to start running - couldnt earlier as I had a hole in my heart when I was a kid so I had ****ty stamina.
    Did you do a programme (e.g. couch25k) or did you just 'go for it' :) thanks for the advice
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Great job! I like running a whole lot more now that I don't try to run faster than I can. I am slow, but i get there eventually. :ohwell:
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! So thrilled for you. What a great NSV.!!!
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Congrats! I never imagined I would be a runner either, let alone like it. I enjoy how I feel doing it and I love how it makes me feel after I've done it. I've been working on C25K all summer and finally am up to week 3. I can't wait get through more of the program and finally achieve that 5k.

Way to go!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What an awesome NSV!! Being able to run any distance is still on my bucket list :smile: I'm envious.....
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go!!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Good for you!!!
  • StacyBMe
    StacyBMe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I hope to feel that way about running one day soon :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    fab
  • dvarrassi12
    Options
    So jealous!! Super NSV. I tried to start running - couldnt earlier as I had a hole in my heart when I was a kid so I had ****ty stamina.
    Did you do a programme (e.g. couch25k) or did you just 'go for it' :) thanks for the advice

I think you have a far better excuse then I did for not running that's for sure! But to answer your question, I didn't do an actual program. I guess you could say I did my own version of C25K. I started out running outside for as long as I could, then I took it to the treadmill. I find it's easier to push myself when I have to run the speed or risk falling off! Interval training is definitely key as it really helped build my endurance, even if I wasn't running the whole time. After doing intervals for awhile you'll be surprised at the distance you can do once you try! I would go with intervals first and then mixing distance with intervals.
  • lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am where you started. I hate running but I WANT to like it. Great Job! And Thank You for the motivation!
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well done. I was that girl at school too and now I run 5k's!! Feels good doesn't it! Add me if you want and we can encourage each other to go to 10k!!
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I think you have a far better excuse then I did for not running that's for sure! But to answer your question, I didn't do an actual program. I guess you could say I did my own version of C25K. I started out running outside for as long as I could, then I took it to the treadmill. I find it's easier to push myself when I have to run the speed or risk falling off! Interval training is definitely key as it really helped build my endurance, even if I wasn't running the whole time. After doing intervals for awhile you'll be surprised at the distance you can do once you try! I would go with intervals first and then mixing distance with intervals.

Thanks :) I'm definitely going to try this now. Hope this'll be my NSV in a few weeks too :) thanks for the inspiration! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!