recording weight training classes?

Options
Hello, I am new to this website and am wondering if anyone can help me. I take a body sculpt class at a local gym 3 times a week (light weights, many reps, all over body toning) for an hour. I cannot figure out how to record this exercise in my journal. I can't believe that I burn NO calories during it, but I also don't know how to estimate how many calories I burn. Suggestions...please!!

Replies

• MalTru
    Options
    My expensive suggestion: You could buy a heart rate monitor that tracks calories burned as well, and then you'd see how many calories you're burning during your class. There are a lot of boards on which HRMs are good and how they work.

My inexpensive suggestion: try this website: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

At the bottom is has weight lifting- general or weight lifting- vigorous. You just enter your weight, the time duration, and press "Calculate."
  • cgm58
    Options
    Thanks allot for the suggestions. I checked out the website you recommended and at least I now have a range to work with!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Circuit training? I think they have the Curves Circuit training option on the exercise database here. When I do light weights with intermitten cardio at my gym, that's what I dock it as!
  • cgm58
    Options
    Thanks, good idea. I will check that out.