Fat % on a scale?

Options
I have one of those weight watchers scales... and it tells you your water percent and body fat percent... anyone know how accurate that is? My body fat was 38.1% and my water was 45.3%... 83.4% of my body is fat and water? Weird!

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Your picture made me throw up a little in my mouth.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    We have the same scale, I don't know how accurate that part is...hope someone can tell ya.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Those scales are TOTALLY inaccurate. I am somewhere between 14-15% BF, and my scale shows 28%.

;)
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I think I have the same scale it sounds like... (Health o meter?) and from what I read, those metal squares that you stand on sent electric pulses up (which is why uou arent supposed to use it if you have a pacemaker) and thats how it tells your percentages. I like that it tells me that. I can tell when i am retaining water and then it tells me how much by the percentage. I think that you are supposed to have about 30% water weight as a woman but I could be wrong.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the answer to this too. Mine never has the same number or even close 2 days in a row so my guess is that they are not that accurate. The BMI doesn't change.
  • cnklapper
    cnklapper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Those percentages aren't meant to be added together. Both fat and muscle have some water within them... The water percentage isn't necessarily a separate figure. Hope that makes sense, b/c it's kinda hard to explain.
  • fyfi_fendir
    fyfi_fendir Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    not weird at all, we are made of more than 50% water.... I don't know how accurate they are (I have the same but don't use the feature). But like any scale, if it is wrong, the error is same everyday so you can probably use the difference as an indicator rather than the exact value.

check it out: http://www.ehow.com/about_4570468_water-weight.html
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Those percentages aren't meant to be added together. Both fat and muscle have some water within them... The water percentage isn't necessarily a separate figure. Hope that makes sense, b/c it's kinda hard to explain.

Yeah, I know... I was mostly doing that part for fun... but yes, I do understand that they arent mutually exclusive.
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    i took mine back before i had a b***h fit. it said i was 60% fat and 28% water 2 weeks ago.... im 44% fat currently... so what the hey...
  • ckspores
    Options
    Those scales are totally unreliable to the point of being absurd.