My 2009 cycling goal...dare I post it??

Options
My cycling goal for the year of 2009 is to ride my bike 2000 miles. That is a little less than 40 miles a week. During the spring and summer I ride double+ that so I will pick up any slack from cold months. I am resetting my Trek computer today and hopefully by December's end I will have met my goal. Wish me luck!

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My cycling goal for the year of 2009 is to ride my bike 2000 miles. That is a little less than 40 miles a week. During the spring and summer I ride double+ that so I will pick up any slack from cold months. I am resetting my Trek computer today and hopefully by December's end I will have met my goal. Wish me luck!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good luck Bamboo! You can do this!! Enjoy your ride!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! If i could I would set a long term goal like that!

Best of luck to you!!
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! That's a pretty good goal to set.

103332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RunBikeSkiRepeat
    Options
    I just logged in and I'm so happy that this is the first post I saw! I just signed up for a pentathalon today and I'm the cycling leg. Any good web sites you know of that i can check out for training?
    Thanks!
    P.S.
    Last year I rode 1500 miles and it was my first year. You'll be able to do 2000 if you set your mind to it!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I just logged in and I'm so happy that this is the first post I saw! I just signed up for a pentathalon today and I'm the cycling leg. Any good web sites you know of that i can check out for training?
    Thanks!
    P.S.
    Last year I rode 1500 miles and it was my first year. You'll be able to do 2000 if you set your mind to it!

There is alot of information out there. I do other exercising besided cycling so alot of stuff is geared just for the cyclist. I have found that the best thing for me is time on my bike. I also have found that facing the tough hills even when I don't want to makes me a better rider. I find that riding with other people, while not my favorite thing to do, challenges me to ride harder. I do enjoy riding with my hubby and even that challenges me b/c he is faster than I am.

I have not spent much time on my bike the last two months due to holidays and weather, but no more excuses!

Here is a website that I found that has alot of good info.

http://www.training4cyclists.com/
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good luck Bamboo!! My bike has been hibernating since October.:cry: With that new Trek you will be able to accomplish your Goal.

Happy New year.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Good luck Bamboo!! My bike has been hibernating since October.:cry: With that new Trek you will be able to accomplish your Goal.

Happy New year.

Mine has been hibernating since Nov and I thought this might make me wake it up! Plus I got new shoes and clips for Christmas soooooo...it is time to start pedalling!
  • Annika
    Annika Posts: 55
    Options
    My cycling goal is to double last years kms, and to reduce by half the number of hills I walked up in the bike tour.
    So: 500kms (I'm not sure how many miles!)
    and to walk up only 2 hills each way!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Well I knocked 17 miles off the 2000 today! It is a start!