NSV --- I can't believe I was THAT heavy!

Options
Last night I was carrying both my kids, and I realized that together they together weigh less than what I have lost (about 70lbs since I was at my heaviest right before I was pregnant with my first). I mentioned this revelation to my trainer this morning as an off-handed comment.

About half an hour later we went to do weighted squats. When I tried to take a step forward with the weight on my shoulders, I almost fell over. I couldn't do full squats, I could only go half way down because it hurt too much. "Holy crap, how much weight is that!" I said. She looked at me and smiled --- "70 pounds"

I was floored. I can't believe how hard it was to move carrying that kind of weight, and I can't believe what that must have been doing to my joints and muscles. I have about 50 still to lose --- -if I feel this much better now, imagine how I'll feel another 50 pounds lighter!

Replies

• laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    yay!!! That is awesome!!
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is definitely what I call a NSV!!! Congratulations.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Congrats!! GREAT NSV! :)
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!! Go YOU!
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What a great success story! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    It is quite a revelation to know that you were carrying around so much unnecessary burden. I have only lost a little over 20 pounds, but picking up that 20 pound bag of dog food requires effort, and to think I was lugging that all around with me... gonna get rid of another bag of dog food and see how THAT feels ... LOL

Great NSV!!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    awesome job !!! i have had that thought many times..i feel the same as you..i was really carrying around THAT MUCH extra ?!? :happy: good for you..congrats:flowerforyou:
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So fantastic! Good job!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ooh! I'm going to try that at my training session today! What a great reminder!
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Nice!!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I like that your trainer did that, it really drives home the significance of what you've achieved. :happy:
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Wow, big hurray for you!!! And I like the way your trainer thinks, what a great lesson to teach and what an awesome way to provide additional motivation as well as reminding you of your great progress.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great illustration! Congratulations to you. I can't weight till my extra 70 lbs are nothing but a distant memory. :)
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Things like that really put our weight into perspective. Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Awesome revelation! COngrats.
  • maria1993
    Options
    Amazing, right??? I picked up a 34 pound box of cat litter and really struggled to carry it, then I realized that I have lost nearly that much.. You don't realize how much it is until you put it into perspective.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    THATS AWESOME! I give extra points to the trainer! You rock!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    GREAT It is quite an eyeopener when you realize how far you have come. Good for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!