eating loads but cant use all my calories

Options
i have ate loads today and still have 300 calories to use any ideas what could have as aint hungary

Replies

• kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    Options
    i have ate loads today and still have 300 calories to use any ideas what could have as aint hungary
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    One technical suggestion before the suggestions about nutrition start...

Check your goals. I went back a week ago and saw that my height was set to 7ft 3in, which is cool... but not true. When I changed it, I found my number of calories dropped quite a bit.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    How many are you having? Never heard this complaint before!
  • kazzit
    Options
    today i have 812 calories out of 1200
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Eat things like a handful of nuts, maybe peanut butter on some wasaa crackers, a couple slices of whole grain toast, just have a small amount of high calorie snacks.
  • kazzit
    Options
    hate nuts and peanut butter yuck
  • barbie__X
    Options
    i have the exact same problem i have 400 left, and ive eaten so much i think im about to explode, i dont understand why it doesnt add up:flowerforyou:
  • kazzit
    Options
    may have a yogurt and a banana
  • kazzit
    Options
    i really am full up
  • Brittany1979
    Brittany1979 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That sounds good!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I better quit laughing and go check mine:bigsmile:
    One technical suggestion before the suggestions about nutrition start...

Check your goals. I went back a week ago and saw that my height was set to 7ft 3in, which is cool... but not true. When I changed it, I found my number of calories dropped quite a bit.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Then just roll the calories over to the next day. You should eat 8,400 calories a week. It's better to stagger your calories & keep your metabolism on it's feet. Don't force yourself to eat if you're not hungry.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Im learning to listen to my body and not just rely on "numbers". I am losing weight now at a healthy pace, and it's because I quit "forcing myself" to eat when I wasn't hungry. I also drink lots more water including, when I feel hungry, I first drink an 8 oz cup and see if I still want to eat. I eat about 8 times a day too. Nutrients are so important as well. Something from the 5 basic food groups for me each day. Working on more fruits. I don't like eating fruit much but I'll learn:bigsmile:

• kazzit
    Options
    thanks for the advice
  • kazzit
    Options
    thanks for the advice
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Try what was suggested to me, eating 50% of your calories(Im assuming because of your workout calories you aren't able to eat them all?)I wasn't losing weight and dragged me down eating ALL the exercise calories I was earning. Forget it, I now stop when I am full and lots of water. The gals and guys I follow on here do it that way. Some will tell you they eat all their calories and that works for them. It just didn't for me is all:happy: :wink:
    i have the exact same problem i have 400 left, and ive eaten so much i think im about to explode, i dont understand why it doesnt add up:flowerforyou:
  • kazzit
    Options
    i dont realy do much excercise just walking so do i still have to log that down and eat them calories to
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Try what was suggested to me, eating 50% of your calories(Im assuming because of your workout calories you aren't able to eat them all?)I wasn't losing weight and dragged me down eating ALL the exercise calories I was earning. Forget it, I now stop when I am full and lots of water. The gals and guys I follow on here do it that way. Some will tell you they eat all their calories and that works for them. It just didn't for me is all:happy: :wink:
    I did add in 100% of the workout cals for awhile and I found it's now simply just TOO MUCH food for me in a day!! (I'm sure it's because I've gotten smaller and need much less now) I'm all for healthy but no way will I force feed myself anymore as I too believe when I'm done I'm done. I've been successful with both methods but was forcing myself to do all the extra cals because same reason Denise was... baaa baaa...I was a sheep! Reading others opinions....vital info is shared on here on threads...BUT look for the date of the person that joined and make sure you're careful listening to someone that may have joined 2 days ago....this is a learning process! The folks that know their stuff through trial and error are the folks to flip your ears up too! But if it doesn't sound right to you...it's ok to question it and do you own research...that how we ALL learn, to make the information our own, not simply follow like sheep. I've learned this from being on MFP... it's an individual walk each of our bodies has different needs:wink:

It DOES work for some very true to eat back all the cals...but for others it's just plain to much food for our bodies.:noway: Check with folks that have stayed true to healthy eating and have losses to show for it...healthy losses, and you'll see each of us is on our own journey. Which may or may not work exactly the same for you.:bigsmile:

I AM talking about the addition of the excercise cals on top of our regular daily cals allotted by MFP up above3...NOT talking about not eating all your regular cals each day. It's important to at least get in 1200 on non-workout days (check what MFP suggests for your height,age,current weight, activity level). Workout days? I go for 1/2 or so of my cals added back depending on my needs that day...when I workout I expend between 2200-2700 cals burned on my heavier workout days.....so even though my body is burning them I still find it tough to eat them sometimes:sad:

But this is all part of the process of making OUR journey individual... Denise found that out the hard way as did I.:grumble: :laugh: Plan your meals and eat healthy drinking plenty of water, most especially on workoout days..PLEASE!! DO NOT SKIMP on water on workout days...so vital to replenish our fluids.

Forgot my water bottle when I headed to the gym earlier in the week,:sad: :sad: :sad: I seriously thought my life was over as I knew it:noway: ....my water bottle is now my best friend (in the land of workout toys..:laugh:) a water fountain at the gym just doesn't kick it for me!!:sad:

My body was cryin out big time for waaaater:sad:

Just sayin is all:laugh: :drinker:
  • beautifullyjaded
    Options
    I have this same problem! And the past couple of days i have acctually had trouble eating all my normal calories let alone my work out calories! like today, i had lunch over an hour ago im not overly full but i was just entering in what i was having for dinner and i thought to myself how am i ever going to fit that into my body food is not even apealing right now. guess thats what i get for eating a nice healthy lunch eh?