Wendy's new Asian Firecracker Salad

Options
Wendy's new Asian Firecracker Salad - has anyone tried it yet? I saw it yesterday and went to Wendy's website, but the nutrition values are not there yet.

Does anyone have any input as to what is in it? I am thinking of trying it today at lunch and was hoping for more info.

I went there yesterday to get the Berry Almond Salad and they no longer offer it. Boo!!

Thanks!
Carlyn

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i'm of no help, but that sounds amazing!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I will have to check it out......
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Nothing on the website or any of the restaurant apps I have on my phone. I wonder if you are in a test market? It may not be available everywhere.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Can't find anything on it from Wendy's but I bet it'll be about 700 calories for the full size. Ingredient wise it may be similar to this one posted on a popular recipe site:

Firecracker salad

Ingredients:

1 tbsp Sesame seed , toasted
    2 tbsp Distilled white vinegar
    2 tsp Sugar
    1 tsp Minced fresh ginger root
    4 tsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
    1 cup Julienned radishes
    1 cup Julienned cucumber
    4 cup Finely shredded lettuce ( iceberg)
    2 tsp Minced fresh cilantro -OR- parsley

Procedures:

Step one: Mix first 5 ingredients , stirring until sugar dissolves.
    Step two: Combine radishes , cucumber and 3 tbsp. dressing; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes , stirring occasionally.
    Step three: Toss lettuce with cilantro in large bowl.
    Step four: Pour radish mixture and remaining dressing over lettuce; toss lightly to combine.

Also foun this:

[So where's the Firecracker Asian menu? Patience. It's rolling out.]

Wendy’s on Monday (Aug. 22) is expected to introduce a new line under the Firecracker Asian name, according to operators. All of the items include, yes, chicken, as well as won ton strips and teriyaki sauce/dressing.

At the value-price end there’s a Firecracker Asian Wrap at about $2.99, plus a full-size Firecracker Asian Salad at a premium-price $6.29 and a half salad at $4.29.

Wendy’s has been nosing around wraps for a while, trying to find the right combination. It tested Baja Chicken and Smokehouse Fresh Wraps in late 2009. The Fresh Wrap brand ultimately appeared on its Canadian menu as BLT, Spicy Chicken BLT and Pico Grilled Chicken Fresh Wraps. Recently it added a Crispy Chicken Caesar Wrap to its 99¢ value menu.
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Well I tried the salad today for lunch. Definitely not as healthy as some of the other salads. It was actually prettuy plain. It had the following in it:

mixed lettuce
    a few slices of red pepper
    i think I saw 2 onion slivers in there too (I don't like onions so there was very little to pick out)

That was everything in the salad itself...a little disappointing...

I am assuming that the firecracker sauce is where the calories are. It was an orange/red spicy sauce. not too much kick but enough to taste it. And then the Teriyaki Vinagrette Dressing too.

Hope this helps you!!
  • abahzee
    Options
    I love this salad, but admit it's the teriyaki dressing that gives it the spicy kick. I saw an add on TV that said 460 calories, but I have not been able to find a breakdown yet either. They put the wantons on the side so you don't have to add those in. That's probably the worse part, the rest is greens/peppers/chicken/a few onions/carrots. It's delicious! :flowerforyou:
  • rygar23
    rygar23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used to love Wendy's salads but the sodium content is ridiculous, so I cut them out. Argh!
  • besb007
    Options
    LOL! My daughter works at Wendy's and made me one today. I figured I would treat myself and only got a 1/2 size. I asked about the calorie count and they did not have it. Guess it's still too new. It was amazing by the way :-)
  • AvinashGupta
    Options
    Great tasting salad. Spicy dressing give it kick
  • craftyladywv
    Options
    It is fantastic. The calorie count is 360 or 380. The dressing is 50 calories. Nice variety of lettuce, cucumbers, red peppers grilled chicken breast and grilled edemame. The cashews are spiced with chili peppers. A great change of taste from Wendy's!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would highly suggest the cranberry almond grilled chicken salad from buger king.....SO FREAKING GOOD!
  • hugginsrachel
    Options
    I just tried it. it is 380 cal for a full size. Dressing packets are 50 cal each and does have a kick to it. It is grilled chicken, cucumbers, roasted edamame, and diced red peppers. Cashews in a separate packet with the same seasoning as the tortia strips in the baja salad but a little spicier (tastes like Doritos to me). All in all pretty good, but I like the pecan chicken and baja salads better.