Put down the Panera bagel!

Options
Carbs are my weakness. I eat them in moderation but I crave them like many people crave sweets. And so, a rep brought in cinnamon swirl bagels from Panera. With honey walnut cream cheese. I was in love.

And then I got about 1/3 of the way through it, and realized that as delicious as it was, it was just too sweet and rich for me.

So I put it down and escaped, having eaten only a little over 100 calories, rather than the 300+ I could have eaten.

Replies

• AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow thats great. Not sure I would be able to do that!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I love my Panera bread but its a definite moderation thing for me.

Something I noticed along the same lines... I was at Starbucks the other day (my other weakness) and ordered a Venti Peppermint Mocha Frapp (not thinking about the size - it's just what I always would order in the past). I got down about half of it and had to throw the rest away -- way to rich and sweet.

It's truely amazing how much your tastes change.

Awesome victory to you!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Great job! You realized that it probably wasn't worth it, and then put it down! Not a lot of people can do that. I have to stay away from something completely because I'm a 'finish what I started' kind of person - this is usually a good thing, but not when it comes to junk food! Good luck in your healthy journey! Keep making good decisions and you'll get to your goal in no time!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    We do not have a Panera here, and good thing. I friggin' LOVE (yes love) their cinnamon crunch bagels. Fresh and hot or lightly toasted, they are like the perfect cinnamon roll to me. When we lived in Jacksonville I used to eat them twice a week-- sometimes more. :(
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!!

I agree, Enjoying it in moderation is the way to go :)

If you want you can just scoop out the bagel.
    I do that - we have bagels on Fridays - I scoop out the bread from both sides of an everything bagel and use 2 teaspoons of veggie cream cheese spead very thin.

You can do it!!!
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    what a great victory! Panera used to be my go-to lunch, but I haven't been in months after I saw their sodium levels. Not to mention the obvious carbs! They should really be ashamed!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Go you! My knitting group meets every Saturday at Panera. I stopped going because when I'm there, I always get the mac and cheese, which is freakin' delicious. I can usually fit it into my day calorie-wise, but the sodium content is pretty bad, so i just try to avoid it altogether. lol