Need advice

I am 36 years old.
I have been eating healthly for years.
I lost 50 pounds 3 years ago .
I usually exercise atleast 3 days a week. I run 2 to 3 miles average pace 10.30 Min mile and recently started situps, pushups and weight training.
I weigh around 138 to 144 pounds( I keep going back and fourth)
I gained 10 pounds over the winter I lost about 7 pounds in April and have been stuck since. I am trying to get down to 125-130 by November.
I am eating around 1250 calories a day. I dont know I am doing wrong...........Any suggustions are welcomed!!
Thanks,
Becky
Arkansas

Replies

• bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Can't see your diary:)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    I'd try upping your calories by 100 or 200. You don't say whether you're eating your exercise calories, but my guess is you need to eat more.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    bump:)
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Didn't get your height in your list. I need that so I can see if your goal is toward the lower end of your BMI. Secondly, You need to eat more. I need to be able to see your diary.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    height too is important. the only thing i can think of is 1. your body doesnt need to lose more 2. you need to eat a bit more or 3. your eating things that dont help with weight loss and actually sabatoge it.

good luck :)
  • carey1932
    carey1932 Posts: 55 Member
    If it was me, I would cut 100 to 200 calories per day since it seems you are eating the proper amount to maintain your weight.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    I agree with eating more. Running burns a lot of calories and if you're not eating enough to support that burn, your body is going to cling to whatever fuel it does have.
  • layor29
    layor29 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi...try putting your calorie intake to 1100 and fat grams 15
  • blueeyedangelar
    blueeyedangelar Posts: 119 Member
    I am 5' 4"
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Hi Becky from Arkansas....Im Stacey From Arkansas : ))

I would say up your calories, mainly more protein...but I feel your pain because I am usually in your same boat.....I have been trying to get passed a certain point for a while now, so I upped my protein and so far the scales are moving!

Good Luck!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I am 36 years old.
    I have been eating healthly for years.
    I lost 50 pounds 3 years ago .
    I usually exercise atleast 3 days a week. I run 2 to 3 miles average pace 10.30 Min mile and recently started situps, pushups and weight training.
    I weigh around 138 to 144 pounds( I keep going back and fourth)
    I gained 10 pounds over the winter I lost about 7 pounds in April and have been stuck since. I am trying to get down to 125-130 by November.
    I am eating around 1250 calories a day. I dont know I am doing wrong...........Any suggustions are welcomed!!
    Thanks,
    Becky
    Arkansas

1250 does not sound like enough to eat. Since you have so little to lose your goal should be to lose 0.5 lbs/week, not higher. This will give you more calories, and help ensure you don't lose muscle while losing the last bit of weight. Again since you don't have much to lose, eating your exercise calories is also more important for the same reason listed above.

Please don't skip breakfast either,try eating every 3-4 hours that you are awake, and start within 1 hour of waking up. (That DQ coffee thing, should not be a breakfast) This will give you more energy and help keep your energy levels more constant instead of ups and downs that you get with larger less frequent meals.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    I agree you need to eat more. I was stuck for awhile, I went up from 1200 to 1350-1400, I was told to focus more on muscle and eat more protein. So I started a Jillian Michaels workout every other day. Now I have not gone up at all in a month, had one week I stayed the same, and have been losing the last three weeks. I'm now at 125. I'm 5'2. I don't know if I will ever go back to 1200. Id' like to lose a nother 5 lbs. I'm too hungry at 1200.
  • erickirb
    Hi...try putting your calorie intake to 1100 and fat grams 15

I highly disagree with you, I think the cals should be up and fat should make up 20-30 % of total calories. So if you eat 1400 cals fat should be between 31 and 47 grams.
  • erickirb
    If it was me, I would cut 100 to 200 calories per day since it seems you are eating the proper amount to maintain your weight.

Bad advise, she should not be eating under BMR as her net calories, cutting more cals may cause her body to burn muscle, and slow her metabolism down.
  • blueeyedangelar
    I think I made my Diary public......I am still new to MFP online. I have been mainly using the IPhone app.
    I will up my calories to 1400. and see if that helps.
    I do use my exercise calories most of the time.
    Thanks for all the replies!!
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    I think you should also decrease the amount of processed grains and increase the amount of fresh fruits and veggies
  • blueeyedangelar
    I dont eat bread or pasta. unless its wheat.
    Most of my foods are fruits and veggies.
    I am thinking maybe its water weight gain??
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    1250 does not sound like enough to eat. Since you have so little to lose your goal should be to lose 0.5 lbs/week, not higher. This will give you more calories, and help ensure you don't lose muscle while losing the last bit of weight. Again since you don't have much to lose, eating your exercise calories is also more important for the same reason listed above.

^^ This. You are eating under your BMR (which appears to be around 1400), which is likely the cause of your weight fluctuation. I have had this happen to me-- you aren't doing your metabolism or health any good by eating so little.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    I dont eat bread or pasta. unless its wheat.
    Most of my foods are fruits and veggies.
    I am thinking maybe its water weight gain??

When your body does not have enough calories, it will do whatever it can to hang on to fat, including burning lean muscle. This sounds like more the cause of your weight fluctuation. I've seen this before in myself.

I would also watch your sodium intake though-- it's ok to go over once in a while, but I see you eat a lot of subway/quiznos/etc.
  • blueeyedangelar
    Thanks I will watch my sodium intake as well!