Progress :)

Options
Hi all,

I'm making progress and seeing it both on the scale and in the mirror! Sadly, I don't have any beginning pics with me -- I think the boyfriend destroyed them, hah.

Scale Victories: I weigh myself daily, so I can catch myself if I start slipping. It's just a reminder not to eat that piece of pizza! I understand weight fluctuates daily/hourly, so I try not to stress over it. I just make sure I eat within my calorie range, do my exercises for the day, and stay positive.

Anyway, for the last week or so, I've found myself flirting on the line between obese and overweight. I used to be 208 pounds... Today, I'm down to 179.2, almost 30 pounds less! What's more, I'm below 180, which puts me at simply "overweight," rather than "obese." It's a good feeling.

NSV: I went to the bookstore the other day to buy a school pride shirt. I'm finding now that I can fit into "Large" clothes, rather than "XL" clothes. Heck, even some of those Medium clothes are getting close to fitting! (Well, they fit, but they show a little bulge, and I'm not comfortable with that.)

I've also had to buy new jeans, because I've gone down a size. They look great! I still can't fit into most of my "skinny clothes" -- those were from when I was between 130 and 150 -- but some of the larger ones actually fit again! Sure, my upper body didn't gain that much weight, so it makes it easier to fit into those clothes, but still.

I'm just happy knowing I'm making so much progress. I'm looking back on my blog entries, and I was so frustrated for so long! Now, I'm getting up earlier, exercising every morning, eating well, drinking tons of water, and feeling great about myself. I still have a long way to go, but I've proven that I can stick with this. That's probably the best victory I have. :)

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    That's so awesome. It's great that you continue to progress even when you feel yourself slipping. It is extremely difficult to do at times, and it's showing that you're definitely learning and kicking butt!

Keep it up. That's such an amazing job.
  • misstorree
    Options
    awesome job! I love that you have such a positive attitude..keep it up! :D
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You've come a long way and made decisions and choices that will last your lifetime. Good for you and continued success!!
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome great job! I am still working on getting my first 10 lbs down. Can't wait until I am 30 lbs down like you are. But that is such a great job. Good luck to you in reaching your final goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!