Any dessert ideas for someone with a sweet tooth?

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Granola Thins. These are individually wrapped granola squares with either chocolate or peanut butter on the bottom. 80 calories - good for when a chocolate craving hits.

Oreo 100 Calorie Bars (OMG) - I can't have these in my house, but maybe you have more willpower.
  • ennaejay
    Options
    I've recently discovered something that I am in LOVE with:

FROZEN BANANAS!!!!

They're so good...... Cut them up into little chunks and they're easier to eat too...

^^^ me too. I've been obsessed with blending them with cottage cheese or yogurt for something whipped and fruity. I add stuff like cocoa powder, peanut butter, instant coffee, frozen blueberries or strawberries, protein powder, a sprinkle of raisin granola on top..... the opportunities are endless, and it's great to satiate a sweet tooth or a post-workout snack :)
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    1 low fat cinnamon graham cracker
    1 tbsp cream cheese
    1 tsp strawberry jam

*Spread the cream cheese on the cracker, top it with jam.

TASTE JUST LIKE CHEESECAKE! Delicious, delicious, delicious!
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Banana-Raspberry Custard

Prep Time:10 min
    Start to Finish:2 hr 10 min
    makes:2 servings

3/4 cup boiling water
    1/2 package (4-serving size) sugar-free raspberry-flavored gelatin (1 1/2 teaspoons)
    1 container (6 oz) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free red raspberry yogurt
    1/2 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and well drained) raspberries
    1 small banana, sliced

1. In small bowl, pour boiling water over gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in yogurt; gently stir in raspberries and banana. Pour into two 6-ounce custard cups.
    2. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until set.

1 Serving: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 10); Total Fat 1g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 100mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 17g); Protein 5g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 0% Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Skim Milk; 0 Vegetable Carbohydrate Choices: 1
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I used to not be able to live without sweets every day. Terrible sweet tooth here! I came up with alternatives to junk food that took care of the craving and now I don't crave sweets at all. I still have some sweet stuff, though, because I like it. But the CRAVING is gone.

Some ideas:

Blue Diamond cinnamon and brown sugar almonds
    Green & Black's 85% cocoa dark chocolate (protein, antioxidants, iron, calcium, SO good for you, but tastes like chocolate cheesecake and just a few squares a day is enough -- now I eat it with a little peanut butter, too.)

This smoothie:

1 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup blackberries
    1/2 cup raspberries
    1 banana
    1 T Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams
    Ice
    Top with light whipped cream

You can change up that smoothie recipe with different fruits, add yogurt, milk or soy milk or whatever you choose.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp cream cheese
    1 tsp strawberry jam

1 cup cottage cheese
    About 4 of 5 strawberries
    10 oz of skim milk
    2-3 packets of sweet n low. (sometimes I leave this out, taste better with it though)

And you have yourself a cheesecake smoothie! I love these things!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp cream cheese
    1 tsp strawberry jam

1 cup cottage cheese
    10 oz of skim milk
    2-3 packets of sweet n low. (sometimes I leave this out, taste better with it though)

I'm scared to try cottage cheese! Lol
    (and I'm a cheeseaholic!)
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have a nasty sweet tooth! My biggest downfall is chocolate. Sometimes I allow myself a chocolatey treat like 3 or 4 Hersheys kisses. My healthy sweet go to food is fruit. This summer I was big on watermelon, grapes, pineapple. Sometimes I will chew gum.
  • sgrinavi
    Options
    Sugar Free / Fat Free Jello with a dollup of plain, non fat, greek yogurt
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    1 tbsp cream cheese
    1 tsp strawberry jam

1 cup cottage cheese
    10 oz of skim milk

Cottage cheese looks and smells kinda gross! But it's actually one of my favorite snacks or side dishes.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp cream cheese
    1 tsp strawberry jam

1 cup cottage cheese
    10 oz of skim milk

Cottage cheese looks and smells kinda gross! But it's actually one of my favorite snacks or side dishes.

I love cottage cheese, but I've been eating it since childhood.

If you put pineapple in it, you don't need the artificial (or any) additional sweetener. Well, you don't need it either way. Fruit is sweet enough, especially mixed with cottage cheese.
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    Yeah pineapple is good! I normally just do a little pepper though.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow anything
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yeah pineapple is good! I normally just do a little pepper though.

I love cottage cheese but cannot stand the taste of it with pineapple or any other fruit! It's great with eggs and a bit of pepper though :)
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I have a couple that I like. One is about 40 cals, one is about 160 cals (depending on how much you can afford that day)

1: Sugar Free Jell-o and Lite Cool Whip (40 cals) - It sounds lame, but it is really, really satisfying! My fav is Sug-Free Orange with cool whip. My wife makes up a couple of batches of sugar free jello and pours it into individual serving size containers with lids prior to putting it in the fridge. ...that way you grab one out, put a serving of lite cool whip on it, and you've got an instant treat!

-Bart

I love sugar free jelly with spray cream - lemon is my fav so can relate to this totally..
  • Jennerith
    Jennerith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you're craving sweets, try eating as much fruit as you can hold. If, 20 minutes later you're still craving sweets, then you're probably actually craving fat. Try a healthy fat like flax oil on salad greens, or some avocado, or a raw coconut milk smoothie with a little chocolate or cacao in it. A lot of the time, a craving for sweets is actually your body asking for protein or fats!