my favorite NSV so far!

Options
nikibob
nikibob Posts: 165 Member
so today i was feeling rather blah--dark and cold and rainy outside which means no run in the park like i wanted today. so instead of going home to my very plain jane treadmill at home i decided i would at least treat myself to the really nice treadmills at the wellness center in town. so i head over after work and jump on a treadmill, program in my 40 min run with intervals and get to work. about 5 minutes in an older man jumps on the treadmill beside me and starts walking. once i hit the cooldown he looks over and says 'wow, you MUST be a runner!' i had a huge grin and told him, yes, yes i am a runner. it felt amazing to have someone actually think of me as a runner! :) definitely brightened my day.

Replies

• lijparsons
    Options
    That's awesome! You must have floated your way home! :happy:
  • nikibob
    Options
    That's awesome! You must have floated your way home! :happy:

haha i really did! i've worked my butt off to be a runner and not a couch potato and its wonderful when people take notice!
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is such a great feeling!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, looking athletic, feeling athletic, amazing how that can make your whole mood just soar. Here's another one for you, you are now by definition an Athlete!! Had you ever thought of it that way before?

ath·lete
    noun \ˈath-ˌlēt, ÷ˈa-thə-ˌlēt\
    a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina
  • nikibob
    Options
    That's awesome, looking athletic, feeling athletic, amazing how that can make your whole mood just soar. Here's another one for you, you are now by definition an Athlete!! Had you ever thought of it that way before?

ath·lete
    noun \ˈath-ˌlēt, ÷ˈa-thə-ˌlēt\
    a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina

now that is something i NEVER would have thought i could say about myself. thanks for that!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    How amazing is that! A Runner and an Athlete! Fantastic!
  • nikibob
    Options
    How amazing is that! A Runner and an Athlete! Fantastic!

:D it has definitely made my day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!