Down 111lbs in 4 months!!!

Options
bdur76
bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
I frequently get asked questions on here about how I am losing weight so quickly! So I thought I would share the "secret" to my success!

You CAN lose weight quickly by doing things the right way. I have lost 111 lbs since the beginning of May. I've accomplished this by first having a lot of weight to lose. I started at 360lbs, and just from getting off the couch and walking 30 minutes a night, and logging my calories, first with Weight watchers and then here on mfp, I managed to lose 23lbs in the first two weeks and 43lbs in the first month. Now, I was very obese, so I never ate my exercise calories and for me that has greatly sped up my weight loss.

I still eat, (check out my diary!), most days right now two meals a day, but in the beginning usually three. I pushed my body to the limit with each workout. I kept pushing my body to move faster, do more challenging walks, go up hills. I increased my distance regularly, up to the point that I walk 5 miles at a time now. I'm currently on week 4 of C25K, so I'm starting to run. I realize that the key to continuing to drop weight in chunks is by continuing to challenge my body. I can't get comfortable, I can't get complacent, I can't forget to log something I ate. I am diligent and motivated and that is what is making me successful!

This is a lifestyle change for me. I now eat consciously and can't wait for my exercise time. I've recently stopped walking every day and began walking four days and doing weight training the other 3. I was nervous at first, but the weight has continued to fall off.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that fast weight loss is possible! I work a full time job and have an hour commute to/from work each day. I am married and have a three year old son, I cook almost everyday. I do not have a personal trainer, I do not have a dietitian or a nutritionist to tell me what to eat. I made a decision to be a healthier me, and now am following through on executing the plan I created!

It is possible!
Good Luck!

Replies

• innerexp
    innerexp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for your inspiring message!
  • libbyneenee
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!! Keep up the good work!!1:flowerforyou:
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Rock on, thank you for sharing!!!
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Crazy inspirational story .. thanks for sharing and keep up the fantastic work ..... You motivate!!!
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Your such an inspiration
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    Great motivation and great job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jaseym6
    jaseym6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    holy downsize BATMAN....that;s crazy..........keep it up......
  • leilani♥
    Options
    I realize that the key to continuing to drop weight in chunks is by continuing to challenge my body. I can't get comfortable, I can't get complacent, I can't forget to log something I ate. I am diligent and motivated and that is what is making me successful!

LOVED THAT PART ^^^^

I love that you are doing it on your own without a dietician or a personal trainer. The manager personal trainer at my gym was trying to convince me that I would fail without getting a PT. PFFT... I saw him today I wanted to say "HEY I lost 10 lbs since you last saw me... IN YO FACE!!" hahaha :)

Great work.. very inspirational :D!!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!! You are doing great!! Keep it up!
  • mmp0001
    mmp0001 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • digby765
    Options
    Fair play to you, very inspirational :happy:
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    amazing
    thanks for sharing
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wtg, your words have inspired me. Keep up the good work..
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, I dont have that much to lose BUT I have a thyroid issue that is really messing with my ability to lose , I nhave lost a little ( 8 lb) but it took 2 months and I still have 20-25 to go, I have pretty much been eating my exercise calories back, but Now Im seriously thinking Maybe I shouldnt!! With this thyroid problem and a lot of fat , My body needs a little push not for me to "take it easy" . If I ate my exercise calories I would be eating around 1,800 cal. a day, too much . Thanks for your post , Ypu have a lot to be proud of. I now have a new plan and Im going to stick to it
  • mom2mcs
    mom2mcs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this is a beautiful story. Mine is very similar except I didn't have as much weight to lose. HOWEVER....how MUCH is NOT what matters. It is the discipline and dlilgence to reach whatever goal you have. It is about changing your lifestyle. I believe it CAN be done (unless you have a diagnosed medical condition) without pills, surgery, or crazy diet plans. YOU are PROOF that it CAN be done the right way!!! You are an inspiration and will be a testimony to those around you that you come in contact with.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    WOW!!! GREAT JOB!!!
  • jmsladky
    Options
    Wow. I need to read your thread daily!! Thank you for making my day!!
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a man with a service to sell! Not saying there isn't a place for personal trainers, and dietitians, some people need the extra support, but I've found my motivation and drive needs to come from within!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!