fat burners

Options
Do any of you take Fat burners? and do they really work?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I've used the EC stack and clenbuterol in the past, both are effective
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    In my opinion (an I say OPINION) anything that I have used made me jittery and kinda gave me a "caffeine high" type of feeling. I didn't actually see any different results when I was taking the supplements, weight loss wise, so I stopped taking them. That was just my experience though...:wink:
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I use oxyelite pro. "Fat burner" are really nothing more then caffeine. I think Oxy Elite are 100mg. They really help you get through your workout and give you a ton of energy. As someone posted above, some people get jittery and whatnot when using them.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I use oxyelite pro. "Fat burner" are really nothing more then caffeine. I think Oxy Elite are 100mg. They really help you get through your workout and give you a ton of energy. As someone posted above, some people get jittery and whatnot when using them.

Ive used it before. I was jittery for a day or two, but then it went away. I lost about 3 pounds (I was at a plateau for about a month) and then it stayed there (im thinking maybe it was water weight). Make sure you follow the directions. Helped a lot with my workouts, and I never needed to increase the dosage. I take them every once in awhile still if I want to do a hard workout and need the energy.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options

I've used oxyelite too. Good stuff! I'm sensitive to caffiene and for some reason the oxy never gave me that funky jittery, high and low feeling. Which was good for me. I'm off caffiene for awhile so I stopped taking them, but may start using it again down the road.
    Its expensive, but if you go to GNC at the end of the month the 90 capsules are marked down from 59.99 to 39.99. The 90 capsules are advertised as a 30 day supply, but I never took more than 1 a day and it was effective all day. :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I tried them before and they did not work, they just made me feel jittery.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

I've used oxyelite too. Good stuff! I'm sensitive to caffiene and for some reason the oxy never gave me that funky jittery, high and low feeling. Which was good for me. I'm off caffiene for awhile so I stopped taking them, but may start using it again down the road.
    Its expensive, but if you go to GNC at the end of the month the 90 capsules are marked down from 59.99 to 39.99. The 90 capsules are advertised as a 30 day supply, but I never took more than 1 a day and it was effective all day. :)

Really? I will have to check out GNC at the end of the month. And I seen no reason to take more then 1 myself. I use them to help boost my energy during my workout. Other then that I see no use in them.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options

I keep an eye on the website so I don't waste a trip to the store. LOL! I agree it makes for a good energy boost, but not for weight loss. Stick to a good workout routine and eat healthy and you will lose weight.

Really? I will have to check out GNC at the end of the month. And I seen no reason to take more then 1 myself. I use them to help boost my energy during my workout. Other then that I see no use in them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I've used the EC stack and clenbuterol in the past, both are effective
    Lol, the bodybuilders shredders! Good for the last little bit of fat! Of course there are side effects from abuse.
  • wuaname
    wuaname Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've taken two cycles of an ECA stack and it works great :) ...Just don't over do it...
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    use them, like them, currently using Lipo 6 Black ... lost 4 lbs last week ( of course I eat pretty clean) I workout twice a day. Take three pills before am fasted cardio and before the evening "light" cardio and lifting. Helps me stay focused.

Never felt jittery on them, although on day I took 4 ( sorta an accident) and felt like I was "sucking wind" the whole time I was doing cardio. No other issues besides that.
  • codypedler
    codypedler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It depends on what is in the "fat burner" if its a thermogenic fat burner, and it isn't just Niacin flush, then yes they do work. Stay away from ones that have "proprietary blends" cause those will be the ones that just make you feel hot from Niacin.

I use NLN Ignite, its all natural, and uses Yohimbe, and i tested it, it does raise your body temp up .5 degrees which does make your body burn cals more effectively. Itake it about 15 mins before cardio, and I can really get a good sweat going and the energy is not jittery at all, although I'm pretty resistant to caffeine.