Food Monster and TOM

Options
So, I always seem to be what I call a Food Monster the week before TOM visits. Like, even if I just ate, I'm still hungry.

Is there any way to deal with this? It makes it very difficult to try to lose weight if I'm just gonna eat myself silly.

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. I tried to curb it by working out more, drinking my water and eating healthy snacks. Not sure if this is much help. Good luck!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I just lose the plot sometimes and yep there is a definite correlation of dates, this weekend i went a bit nuts, and hello today here is aunty flo..... grrrrr! I know some smarty pants will say just be strong or use will power and of course yes this is the answer but it is a good job that such know it alls dont come near me when i am a demon ***** troll from hell with the munchies lol! good luck
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I always get this way so during the week that I am the food monster I eat up to my maintenance cals if I want. That way I don't gain but i'm not miserably depriving myself:)
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've had the same thing today and I gave in :( Feeling kinda sick now because i haven't had 'bad' food for two weeks, my poor body is going to suffer! Sometimes though I just can't seem to fight it so any suggestions would be great!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I call them my hungry days, that no matter how much I eat, I never seem satisfied, never mind full. I drink more herbal teas, either fasting tea or a pms tea. That helps. I do eat more whole grains, and that does help a because I crave more carbs and salty things during that time. I also drink a lot more water to help stave off the bloating.
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    yes, one week before is the craving of .....whatever...so hungry. Try to eat banana, sweet potato, peanut butter on wheat cracker which should help feel as "filled". Also, if you like chocolate, chocolate pudding, pretzel M&M does the job for me!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    BPS (Bottomless Pit Syndrome) Ha!

I had an easier month this time around. I think maybe the D3 I started taking helped. I had one nasty binge meal instead of a week of endless eating. I'm still not absolutely certain how I managed this, but the D is my best guess for the moment.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am the food monster for a day during TOM, and guess what day it is today (it also happens to be a rest day, so I don't even have exercise calories to eat)? I usually end up eating loads of celery and cucumber just so I can handle the munchies without taking on too many calories. I like the idea of being allowed to eat up to maintenance calories without feeling guilty.

Anyone know if there is a physical reason behind it or is just a mental thing to push through?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would dump TOM. He sounds like a real *kitten* to make you eat all the time.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    i can't tell who is serious and who is kidding anymore.:sad:
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. So much harder to diet when you feel like eating a lot constantly during TOM. I just try to get back on track when it's over.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I've heard your metabolism actually increases a bit during your cycle. It was in what I remember thinking was a fairly reliable source. I have yet to find it again in a reliable source, though there are blogs and such that talk about it.

It's definitely NOT just mental. Your body's telling you to eat.