Time for my Renaissance

Hi everyone. I'm Tom and I'm a fat guy.

Well, I was waiting for a unanimous "Hi Tom" but I guess that's only in AA meetings.

Anyway, I used to be a twiggy guy back in high school but then I started working fast food. You can imagine how hard it is for a teenager to say no to free food. Well, I continue to work in the food industry today and I struggle to say no. I've always considered myself a "fan of flavor". That's probably part of why I got up to 296 pounds a few years back. I got myself down to about 260 about 6 months ago but fell off the bandwagon and put most of it back on. Now I'm actually going to track the food that I'm putting into myself and start watching those calories. The hardest thing for me to do is find time to exercise. I work full time and go to school on top of having 3 young kids.

Wrapping up, thanks for reading this. Dunno if it'll help me or anyone else for that matter, but I guess it's just good to record where I am at the beginning of this journey.

Thanks,
Tom

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Hi Tom.

while exercise certainly has its benefits, you can lose weight without exercise. what you put into your body accounts for at least 70% of weight loss (when comparing nutrition vs. exercise). I lost my first 21-23 pounds without doing any exercise. Now I do a bunch of stuff, but that's for other health-related reasons.