Greek yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Another Chobani fan here. Fage is also good, but Chobani is my favorite.

The mainstream brands (Yoplait and Dannon) are nothing like Chobani.
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    I dont like it by itself but am a huge fan of using it in everything from tuna salad to Guakamole!! Even mixed into plain tomato soup with some fresh tomatoes and basil! Yummy!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Why eat something that you are "not a fan" of, especially when dieting?

This is true too....if you really don't like it....don't eat it! There's nothing magic about Greek yogurt that makes you lose weight...
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Had my first taste of the Chobani Greek Yogurt yesterday, and I'm already hooked. Good stuff .... and good for you! :) (And how often does that happen?!?)
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I like Chobani Greek Yogurt. They have MANY flavors and even plain. If I get a big tub of plain I add my own fresh fruit! Its a taste adjustment, but now I only eat Greek Yogurt, anything else tastes too sweet and artificial.

I just discovered that yesterday, it takes great! I'm finding the the Greek yogurts have much less sugar than the others.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I bought FAGE, and when I first had it I thought it tasted terrible. It had to grow on me, well now thats the only yogurt I eat. With only 9 grams of carbs versus the other yogurts like activia that have over 30 grams. I add granola cereal to mine, but I think adding strawberries and blueberries is better, that cereal has a lot of carbs in it, even though it taste good. Try FAGE
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I always get Oikos Greek Plain 0% Fat. It is all natural. No sugar added. I don't add anything to it either. I like it plain like sour cream!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I bought FAGE, and when I first had it I thought it tasted terrible. It had to grow on me, well now thats the only yogurt I eat. With only 9 grams of carbs versus the other yogurts like activia that have over 30 grams. I add granola cereal to mine, but I think adding strawberries and blueberries is better, that cereal has a lot of carbs in it, even though it taste good. Try FAGE

Carbs are not inherently bad.
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    Chobani strawberry & u can add Bare naked granola "banana nut" so delish!!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options
    I like to use Fage 0% Greek Yogurt and I add a teaspoon of cinnamon extract(or spice if you like) with one packet of stevia.. sometimes i'll add a little bit of fiber one cereal to give it that crunch. It's delicious & taste just like a cinnabon(cinnamon roll!) lol
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I add a spoonful of fat free/sugar free chocolate jello powder for an evening treat
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I make my own yogurt and then strain it through a cloth to thicken it up. This is Greek style yogurt. Delicious. I used to use fat-free milk, but now I use full fat because it tastes so much yummier and I'm usually way under on fat anyway.

If you strain it even more and add some salt, then you get labane which is kind of like a soft cream cheese made of yogurt.

IMHO, no yogurt sitting for weeks or months on the shelf will ever compare with fresh. When you make your own you can control how sour it is. I can make my yogurt so mild that it has almost no tang at all and sweetens right up with just a small handfull of ripe blueberries.
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a big chobani fan. I usually add a little splenda because I find it a bit bitter. Haven't added granola yet and I'm not sure why b/c I really like granola.
  • CheetoBandoto
    Options
    I enjoy Stonyfield Greek Yogurt in a morning protein shake with ice cold water, frozen fruit, whey protein (I prefer vanilla) and Quaker oats for a little added fiber. I know that greek yogurt is far better than regular but I can't eat it alone. Taste's like eating sour cream to me XD. I don't mind the stuff mixed with fruit one bit but it has so much more sugar...
  • dewpetals
    dewpetals Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you're getting plain, go for Fage, if you can find it. I buy mine in the 4 cup container at Costco for $5. It needs a little sweetener of some kind (berries, honey, Splenda, whatever you like) since it tastes a lot like sour cream but it only has 7 grams of sugar.

Splenda! Excellent idea.. I tried honey and I didn't care for that so much. I will try Splenda tomorrow..
  • dewpetals
    Options
    Why eat something that you are "not a fan" of, especially when dieting?

I wasn't, LOL. But I am looking for alternatives to cereal and eggs. I do like the greek yogurt though. And I love EVERYONES tips and advice. Going to vary the granola mixes and add a bit of splenda (I've got a terrible sweet tooth.) and berries. I like those parfaits from McDonalds so I'm trying to make a "healthier" version at home. Again thanks everybody!
  • dewpetals
    Options
    I add a spoonful of fat free/sugar free chocolate jello powder for an evening treat

ohhh, bet that's alot healthier than my regular bedtime snack...ice cream, LOL