W's UGH!!!!

Options
:happy: I have a new NSV.....for the first time in over 12 years I bought my first pair of jeans WITHOUT that dreaded W at the end of the size!! I mean really, do you need to remind me that the number is any bigger? 14W 16W 18W 20W.....I think we get the point. What does that stand for anyway?

Replies

• Trinizmra
    Options
    Great job......you could do it
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Congrats.

I'm not sure - could it be 'wide'?
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Hooray, that's awesome news. Good job.
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    First of all, AWESOME!!! Second, it stands for women's. And a 14W is actually bigger than a 14 non w, which is bizarre.
  • blondebandbabe
    blondebandbabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The W means ''womens'' clothing without a W at the end is considered ''misses''
    W negates that that item is ''plus sized''
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well, hooray for me!! No more plus sizes!! I can go on the "regular" side at Cato, buy clothes with no letters (especially those dreaded W's and X's), and I can shop in the regular size departments at stores. No more +'s for me...only down down down from here!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The way I understood it back when I sewed...

JR sizes (odd #'s) are cut for those that had not much hip to waist ratio...straight up and down, not much booty and slim to normal thighs.
    REG sizes are cut for those that have a "normal" hip to waist ratio and normal thighs.
    MISSES are cut for those that have a higher waist to hip ratio (bigger booty, small waist) and normal to thicker thighs.
    WOMENS are cut for those that have thicker waists and thicker thighs with a larger booty
    PLUS was anything over 16-18

I am sure that with the invention of the vanity sizing things have changed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!