diet profile??

Options
for your diet profile, do u guys follow what is recommended (for calories, protein, carbs etc.) or do u customize it yourself??? when i do the recommended, it seems like the carbs r really high(in the 100's) and the protein is low(50's) i have been customizing so i have protein in the 100's and carbs at 45.....any thoughts???

Replies

• nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    for your diet profile, do u guys follow what is recommended (for calories, protein, carbs etc.) or do u customize it yourself??? when i do the recommended, it seems like the carbs r really high(in the 100's) and the protein is low(50's) i have been customizing so i have protein in the 100's and carbs at 45.....any thoughts???
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I was personally never too concerned with the macronutrient breakdown (carbs, proteins, fats) - I just tried to eat healthy foods, and what I like to eat, and I focused on the total calories.

I found that I was almost always going over on the protein, and under on the carbs, and about right or high on the fats, but I know my choices were healthy (90% of the time).

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I just do what's recommended.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

DITTO :flowerforyou:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I was personally never too concerned with the macronutrient breakdown (carbs, proteins, fats) - I just tried to eat healthy foods, and what I like to eat, and I focused on the total calories.

I found that I was almost always going over on the protein, and under on the carbs, and about right or high on the fats, but I know my choices were healthy (90% of the time).

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:

I do this too... my main focus is on calories. I might look at other stuff later, but that's enough to watch for now. Keeping it simple.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Same here, I've always just gone with the numbers MFP gave me. :smile:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've followed MFP's recommendations with tons of blind faith. I know very little about heart rates, %ages of protein, etc. I just stick to watching the calories.

I'm usually way under on fats and protein, though. And I'm also quite high on sugars - I eat a lot of fruit and carbs.

I really only pay attention to the calories though.
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    thanks for all ur help!!!! :wink: i will try using their reccomendations, i am just really nervous....i have been following what i put in, plus sticking to 1200 calories and working out 5 days aweek for 30-40 min and i have been slowly gaining weight these past 2 weeks.....im getting very discouraged, so i think i will change it up and see if things change!!! thanks:drinker:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    thanks for all ur help!!!! :wink: i will try using their reccomendations, i am just really nervous....i have been following what i put in, plus sticking to 1200 calories and working out 5 days aweek for 30-40 min and i have been slowly gaining weight these past 2 weeks.....im getting very discouraged, so i think i will change it up and see if things change!!! thanks:drinker:

Good luck - some weeks you don't see a change, but as long as you are sticking to the calories in / calories out, the scale will shift eventually. I wish I had left it on my profile - I'd listed what I lost each week, and you could see that some weeks, I lost nothing, and then suddenly, 3 lbs.

It WILL come off! Continue on!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • _Pepper_
    _Pepper_ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I changed mine to 40% calories from carbs, 30% from protein, and 30% from fat. That has worked for me in the past, and it keeps me full and energized.

On my tracker, I track calories, protein, fat, fiber and sodium.