Easy yummy recipes

Options
Hello, I am new to myfitnesspal.

I am on day one as we speak and doing pretty good today. No cravings, I'm actually not hungry at all. Although my worst point in the day for wanting to eat and eat is when I get home from work. Probably because I'm typically busy all day so I tend to not think abuot it too much. So wish me luck for when I leave work in 30!! lol

I started on here as I read that a friend was here so I decided to check it out. I like that it's super easy to track your meals and that I can come here and vent on a bad day or praise myself for a good day.
I am hoping to drop approximately 10-20 lbs to get back down to my ideal weight and I just haven't been very consistant with eating healthy. I've been feeling blah lately and bloated all the time and just not feeling my best. So, here I am. Ready for that new chapter in life.

I think alot of my trouble with trying to eat healthy is the food options. I am not an experimental cooker. I actually don't like cooking at all so I always have a hard time thinking about what to make and then opt for the easy choice which is typically pasta and pizza and/or frozen meals which are never really good for you.
There's always the easy chicken and rice or veggies and things simple like that but can anyone suggest any recipes that are fairly simple to make but different from the meat and veg options. Maybe a low cal casserole or lasagna or even some yummy wraps or soups or a different way to make the meat and veg such as the other day I saw a simple simple recipe for a side of plum tomatos (halved), lightly drizzled with a vinagrette and topped with some low fat mozzarella and then baked for a little bit. YUM!!

Anyway I'd like to get some nice ideas before I get sick of the usual.

Any help would be great.

Look forward to reading (and eating) all your great ideas!

Thanks!
Mel

Replies

• daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mel !
    Would love to get some quick yummy recipes as well !
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    One of my friends on here came up with this and it's AMAZING! It's incredibly easy to make too. As I have an intolerance to chili peppers I substitute garlic powder and it still comes out absolutely delicious.

Lime Chicken Tacos

Ingredients:

* 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts

* 3 tablespoons lime juice* 1 tablespoon chili powder

* 1 cup frozen corn

* 1 cup chunky salsa

* 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed

* Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional

Directions:

* Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chilipowder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chickenis tender.* Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to theslow cooker; heat through. Stir in corn and salsa.* Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve intortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 12 tacos.

Nutrition Facts: 1 taco (prepared with fat-free tortillas; calculated withoutsour cream and cheese) equals 148 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.Diabetic Exchanges: 2 very lean meat, 1 starch.