nsv, i think???

Options
last saturday at a family hog roast my sister says to me, "you need to stop losing weight, your face looks like an ethiopian." (no offense meant to any ethiopians out there...) several days later my mom hugged me and said, "are you sure you're not getting too thin. your back feels bony."

to be honest, i've only lost 4 pounds doing jillian dvds and working through the c25k plan, but i am toning and firming up. i'm in the mid-high range bmi group, so i know i'm not going too far. is that an nsv? lol. has anyone else had this kind of negative response from family and friends? it would probably be discouraging if i didn't know i could run circles around them both! :tongue:

Replies

• AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yes. That is an NSV. My Grandma keeps worrying about me losing too much weight. I'm at the very high end of the BMI chart so I'm good.
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    was told by a guy he needed to make sure i was eating enough....wow...there is a definate 1st for me too!!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've had a few "you're wasting away" and "are you eating enough" comments, despite only being 4 pounds inside the normal BMI bracket.

<- What do you think?
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I got that too before when I got skinny (see Ticker) but just maintain healthy range and enjoy yourself!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I consider it an NSV when the "don't you think you've lost enough weight?" comments start coming in. I have not so much a weight goal as a 'healthy' goal, but I do have a pretty good idea of what the scale will say when I get close. No offense to those who make such comments, but I do find that the makers of such comments usually have no idea what their own BMR, BMI, or body fat percentage is so I let it go in one ear and out the other. If they harp on it though, I ask them what their #'s are and that usually quiets them down. :wink:
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've had a few "you're wasting away" and "are you eating enough" comments, despite only being 4 pounds inside the normal BMI bracket.

<- What do you think?

i think you should be proud of what you've accomplished. keep up the good work!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yup, definate NSV's!! I work in a call center full of NURSES.....I hear every day "you've lost too much weight" or "you lose so easily" if only they knew how much work goes into this! Yes, most of them are way over weight because we sit all day, but I look at their words as NSV's and you should too, we are getting healthy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!