Almond Butter?

Options
I'm out of my Peanut Butter Co. peanut butter (SAD!) and have heard that almond butter is much better for you. I typically mix PB into my oatmeal or dip fruit into it. Does anyone have a favorite brand of almond butter that I should try?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well I wouldn't say it was MUCH better for you! there's not a great deal of difference between the various nut butters you can get (I'm currently on a jar of hazelnut butter, mmmmm)

They'll all be high in (good) fats, high protein, high calorie. Look for ones with few other ingredients, just the nuts.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I have not tried any other besides peanut butter. Guess I should really branch out some. But I LOVE my Smuckers Natural Creamy peanut butter. It is really just ridiculous.
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    In Canada - Presidents Choice Blue Menu - Just Almonds is the best that I've tried.

In the US and Canada you can get MaraNatha almost anywhere and it's pretty good. I got it at Costco last week and the price was very reasonable.

Try apple slices dipped in it. Mmmmmm....
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i actually like almond butter better than peanut butter in my opinion. tastes really good,
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    In Canada - Presidents Choice Blue Menu - Just Almonds is the best that I've tried.

In the US and Canada you can get MaraNatha almost anywhere and it's pretty good. I got it at Costco last week and the price was very reasonable.

Try apple slices dipped in it. Mmmmmm....

I use MaraNatha
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I buy freshly ground almond butter from Winco (not sure if you have a Winco near you). Or you could google how to make your own almond (or peanut) butter - it's actually pretty easy from what i understand I am just lazy. LOL

I love, love, LOVE my freshly ground almond butter. I was a huge Jif addict until I had my freshly ground almond butter - its great w/ oatmeal, on toast, in smoothies, etc....
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I don't know that almond butter is "better" but it has less sugar and therefore carbs. It's less sweet than peanut butter, but still very good. I buy mine at Trader Joe's.
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use the MaraNatha and I love it. I got my mom hooked on it.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options
    Almond butter is my fav!! Trader Joes has the best raw & unsalted almond butter.

I'm not sure if it's "healthier" but I'd prefer almond butter > pb anyday! :)
  • 9xuzts
    Options
    My favorite brand is Once Again Nut Butter. It really is the best price too! I know it is made locally here in NY, so I don't know exactly where it is sold.