My 3rd day on MFP

Options
Hello,
This is my 3rd day on MyFitnessPal.com. I started on New Year's Day. I had Lap Band surgery about 7 months ago. I've lost 30 lbs so far, not counting the 10 or so I lost in the 8 months preceding my surgery trying to qualify for my insurance coverage.

I joined this site because on New Year's Eve, I went in to get my lap band filled for about the 4th time.

The nurse told me that I haven't lost enough weight so I must be eating too much. I exercise regularly, watch what I eat, and I have been feeling and looking great. I wasn't too concerned that I was on a plateau. And the slow weight loss if fine with me because I don't want any one outside of my immediate family to know my surgery. The nurse made me feel pretty bad. I brought my step-son with me to my appointment and she told him to throw away all of my junk food. I don't have junk food in my house.

The nurse said she has to re-educate me everytime I come in for an appointment that I am only supposed to eat between 600 and 800 calories a day. "The band is just a tool", they always say. It's hard to eat so little, even with a lap band.

Well, the one good thing the nurse told me was to use this website. So far, it's been helping me to keep my eating under control. I'm still hungry! But it helps to keep my eating under control when I have to record it. I learned that after many years at Weight Watchers.

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    This is my 3rd day on MyFitnessPal.com. I started on New Year's Day. I had Lap Band surgery about 7 months ago. I've lost 30 lbs so far, not counting the 10 or so I lost in the 8 months preceding my surgery trying to qualify for my insurance coverage.

I joined this site because on New Year's Eve, I went in to get my lap band filled for about the 4th time.

The nurse told me that I haven't lost enough weight so I must be eating too much. I exercise regularly, watch what I eat, and I have been feeling and looking great. I wasn't too concerned that I was on a plateau. And the slow weight loss if fine with me because I don't want any one outside of my immediate family to know my surgery. The nurse made me feel pretty bad. I brought my step-son with me to my appointment and she told him to throw away all of my junk food. I don't have junk food in my house.

The nurse said she has to re-educate me everytime I come in for an appointment that I am only supposed to eat between 600 and 800 calories a day. "The band is just a tool", they always say. It's hard to eat so little, even with a lap band.

Well, the one good thing the nurse told me was to use this website. So far, it's been helping me to keep my eating under control. I'm still hungry! But it helps to keep my eating under control when I have to record it. I learned that after many years at Weight Watchers.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I think if you follow your calories and drink your water you will do good. This site has been very helpful! I really like it and the people on here!
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Hell-o, One thing I found that helps me is water, water, When I think I'm hungry I drink a glass of cold water or green tea. Sure helps those hunger cravings. I figure it was the water I needed. Of coarse we need food but only enough to live the right way of coarse. I find If I think it is food a piece of fruit like a apple fiber that helps fill you up. I hope this helps :happy: Remember :drinker: :drinker: water :happy:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I know water is one of my weak areas. Drinking more water is my New Year's resolution. In about a week, my company is moving my office close to the water cooler, so I'll have no more excuses to get up and fill my cup!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    water with a squeeze of lemon will keep me from overeating too