Are you addicted to candy?

Options
Seriously, It's a stretch for me. I caved the other day and ate a whole friggin movie theatre sized box of mike and ikes. that's 4 servings.

I went home and worked out for 45 minutes. But still, I know it's too much sugar, and it's horrible for me, and I just have to give it up. I can't eat a freakin whole box of candy!

It's so hard though, because I'm such a junk food junkie.

I made a better snack choice today, and got some trail mix which was pretty awesome and kept me full, and it had some sweet bits which helped satisfy my sweet tooth.

So what are some ways that you guys keep the sweet tooth at bay? What's your favorite non-junk food sweet?

Replies

• bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    carrots and grapes but I can't seem to stop eating twirls, buenos and crisps.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    Fat free cool whip & strawberries
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm not addicted to candy. Salty/fatty is my downfall. But my fave non-junk sweet is sliced apples sprinkled with a couple packets of Stevia in the Raw and cinnamon.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    Options
    I have a bit of dark chocolate almost every day - usually between one and four squares of Green & Black's 70%.
  • chiani_27
    Options
    I heard a tip once that if you are craving chocolate or sweets, try eating some peanutbutter. Works like a charm!
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I buy the mini/snack sized chocolates because then I still get some chocolate, but don't go over the top. The Cadbury share pack variety is usually under 100 calories per piece.
    I totally understand where you're coming from! :D
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooooo addicted to candy.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I think the word "addicted" is throw around too lightly these days...
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I could eat an entire bag of CANDY CORN. I'm not kidding either. But I haven't done that in about 3 years now. I have a choice and I choose fitness, health and a size 4 - 6
    But OMGosh do I love CANDY CORN! LOL!!!
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Yes i am but try sugar free candy/chocolate instead!!
  • kissiefish
    Options
    LOVE candy. I'm diabetic. interesting position I put myself in! I just don't have it around to tempt me. If I get candy, I split it immediately with somebody. I have talked myself OUT of dozens of sweets already. If you eat that much sugar...try really super hard to NOT eat it for about a week. Then BINGE on sugar and see how your body feels. I promise you...you will ache everywhere. Sugar goes to the joints. I'm probably a bit older than you, and I know I already have arthritis, but sugar made me feel MISERABLE after a week of not eating any candy/cakes/ice cream...straight up sugar. Then i binged. (silly me). I felt hung over the next day. HORRIBLE.

i don't recommend anybody binge on anything, but if it will help you see how your body processes that kind of sugar after it has not had to....I promise you may want a piece of candy, but you will stop at one small bit.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Freash, seasonal fruit, like local (not from California) tree-ripened peaches, strawberries, and cherries.

I won't keep candy in the house, but if I get a craving for chocolate, I will go the the Chocolateria and have the most expensive, most delicious little bite that I can make last for a good 10 minutes. Those melting nibbles really satisfy!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I heard a tip once that if you are craving chocolate or sweets, try eating some peanutbutter. Works like a charm!

it's a real shame that i really don't like peanut butter :huh:
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes, its such a weakness! So many days I've gone over because I just couldnt say no to the damn reeses cups, or mint bars, or chocolate bullets. Grrr!
  • laureenquist
    Options
    Try sugar free jello with fat free cool whip on top! For an extra treat add some fresh fruit with it! How about try a "diet cake"? You have never had such a moist cake....ever! Just take regular cake mix and mix it with a diet soda. Nothing else but the cake mix and soda. Just empty both in a bowl and follow directions for mixing and baking and you are done! Make sure if you make a dark cake use a can of dark colored diet soda (any kind). If you make a white cake use a can of clear diet soda (any kind). You can also drizzle it with sugar free for fat free toppings. YOU WILL NEVER MAKE A NORMAL CAKE AGAIN! I love em'! :)
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I know that I have a weakness for sugar, so I went cold-turkey. I know I can't just have one and not go to a full-blown binge. That's what works for me, once you've gone a week, the cravings die down a lot.

GG
  • zukekitty
    Options
    I am a total candy addict. One of my food diary catagories is Candy is my Only Addiction. I love anything that is strictly sugar: Sweetarts, Spree, Candy Corn, Gummy Bears, Jelly Beans..... I also love dark chocolate but don't crave it like the others. If I deny myself I will definitely binge eventually. I just have to plan it into my diet. Moderation is the key. I measure it out so I don't eat the whole package.

I just found some jujubees in the pantry today and it's only about 100 calories for over 50 pieces! So 10 won't be so bad.