I am New to the site and my journey is going to be long

Options
2»

Replies

• bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! I also have a very long road ahead of me and due to health problems I have to get my behind in gear. There is tons of support, motivation, encouragement and ideas on this site. Please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like to. :drinker: trying to drink more water :wink:

I personally have to set smaller goals for myself. I get discouraged WAY to easy and give up WAY to easy. I also want to get down to about 130 but I need to set like 5 or 10 lb goals for me.

Bev
  • jenefur86
    Options
    Welcome! I have been using this website on and off for about two years. When I initially started I lost ten pounds which was a great achievement for me. Calorie tracking works when I use it. I am now on my adventure with calorie counting and hope to lose 15 pounds by my nephew's first birthday in November
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Welcome! I've been on this site since January and it is the best tool I've ever found. I set my long term goal for healthy. I set my first set of goals that truly I never thought I'd reach. Since then I've changed them 3 times. As I felt better and my confidence improved. Heaviest 244 (known). I just wanted to reach 190, 180, 175, 168 (?) and now I'm shooting for 155 which is where I was 29 years ago.

Advice? Move, move, move. Don't deprive yourself of things you like just take smaller portions. Water. You will have bad meals & days. DON'T GIVE UP!!! Make logging part of your daily routine. Log throughout the day if you can, helps you see where you are going. And most of all - - - Use the support that is here!

Add me if you'd like, I'll be supportive and honest.

Sending you healthy thoughts! One bite, one meal, one day at a time
  • daisy0482
    daisy0482 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Smart girl!! Welcome!! I am new too (third day) and I have received so much support!!! Its awesome and free!! The thing like the most beside support is the food tracker!! its so easy!! I have it on my ipod touch so I can just add as I go and i log EVERYTHING that passes my lips!! Before I found this site I just guessed at having a good/bad day. Now I know when to STOP eating. Its AWESOME!!

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other through this!! I have ALOT of weight to lose too!! 52 lbs!! So I will be here a while!!

Corinne :flowerforyou:
  • AradiaRue
    AradiaRue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you everyone for the encouraging Support!, Ok I have decided to keep my long term goal but also to add smaller ones along the way, My smaller goals are going to be to reach the next 10's so right now my smaller goal is to reach 239, then 229, then 219 and so on until I finally reach 129 :happy:

10874003.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • marlenefowler
    marlenefowler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Having an ultimate goal is good but it is important to have 'steps' or smaller goals along the way. Welcome. I have recently joined this site but am finding it easier than a couple others I've tried for tracking food/exercise.
    You have made a wonderful beginning for a healthier life. Good luck on your journey!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck on your weight loss journey!! You will find lots of encouragement, support and amazing people on here. It is a great community to be a part of!!
  • BFullman
    Options
    Smaller goals work better for me. I need to lose 70 pounds total and have lost 30 so far. I set my goal for 10 pound increments. Once I get closer to my goal, I may switch to 5 pound goals. 10 pounds usually is about once size decrease which makes it a significant loss to celebrate with a new pair of pants or a shirt. Good luck on your small and total goal! Barbara