im new

Options
i made an account months ago, didnt know how to use it b4, now i do. so this is my official introduction :)
im a 24yr old married mother of 2, i love food and thats pretty much whats been keeping me from losing weight :( ive done many many different types of "diets" nothing has worked. i want to know what works for you and maybe ill take some pointers to help me.

Replies

• debbiemoretti
    Options
    well. I too am 2 days new! need or want to loose about 25 lbs, I saw this sight in a magezine and thought it looked like something I could keep up with and hopefully have it work. I never looked at the amt. of calories I ate (I just ate!) so this kinda opend my eyes up! So any ideas or tips or hints.I'll welcome them,
    Thanks everyone,
    Deb M.:smile:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! Make a lot of friends on this site for motivation. It really helps. Not only count calories, but also sodium. :smile:
  • debclif
    debclif Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am also a mother of two a 4 year old boy and a 9 month old girl. I am trying not to use the work diet anymore. But a change of life. I too joined and started about a month later really trying. My new philosophy is eat like a skinny girl and become a skinny girl. I put everything on my food log, you will be surprised how many calories are in some things. Even if I have one tsp of honey I will log it. I log my coffee and sugar, EVERYTHING. Makes me more aware of what I am eating, and hopefully one day I can go with out it. I too love food. I learned to pick sometimes and still write it down, getting the satisfaction of having a bite of my hubby's burger while I am having a salad helps me make it some days. Good luck in your journey to being healthy!

My largest piece of advice is when going out, get a healthy salad and bring your own dressing. Dressings in restaurants are the worse. Ken's makes good low calorie lite dressings!
  • debbiemoretti
    Options
    WOW skinnyme47...........................you lost 47lbs? in like 7 mo.? thats great! and is that your puppy? hes awsome! I have 2 a westie and a scottie (my kids) how did you put his picture in your tracker? and how did you get it attached to here ? I'd like to try that too.
  • debbiemoretti
    Options
    you have already lost 10 lbs? great! I cant wait! You too have your tracker here , how do I do that ? Im really new here ! LOL thnaks for any tips! I need all I can get.
    Deb
  • chicainthesd
    chicainthesd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for ur advice :) i was going to start tomorrow with the food diary because im still eating junk but i decided to start today because i want to see what kind of things are inside the things i eat. and also do u guys have any advice on excercise? my husband just bought the kinect, i got a 24hour fitness gym membership that i never use, i feel great when i go but i hardly go :( so if theres anything to focus on, let me know :)