Newbie Here!

Options
With the New Year, I felt it was time to work on losing those extra pounds and feel great this Spring and Summer. Being 42 years old, a mom of two and a thyroid problem, losing weight is NOT easy. However, I thought with a support group like this and a "tracking system", it will make it a little easier and more fun. Excited to use this new tool!!! :smile:

Replies

• StayCeeLynne
    Options
    With the New Year, I felt it was time to work on losing those extra pounds and feel great this Spring and Summer. Being 42 years old, a mom of two and a thyroid problem, losing weight is NOT easy. However, I thought with a support group like this and a "tracking system", it will make it a little easier and more fun. Excited to use this new tool!!! :smile:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: you've come to the right place. Great people and lots of help. Drink your water:flowerforyou: that really helps.
  • StayCeeLynne
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm so excited about this!!!!
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    this place is amazing. your going to love it :)

welcome on your new journey:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!
    I'm 9 years older than you, and ALSO have a thyroid condition, and if I can do it, YOU can TOO!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • StayCeeLynne
    Options
    Thank you SOOOO much for what you wrote! You are already an inspiration to me. I can't wait to get started on Monday! I have an event to go to tomorrow which includes food and will still make wise choices,but won't start "officially" until Monday. I truly am excited to try this new way of dieting by having a tracker, support, and ideas. Before, I did it pretty much on my own and that's soooo hard. Plus, I didn't ever track my food and exercise. I did lose on Nutri System, but gained it all back as soon as I went off the food. Plus, I'd rather eat the same foods as my family.

Would you mind telling me more about the pros and cons of when to log in food? Do the majority of people log in food at the end of the day? Or do you log in the morning anticipating what you might eat that day? I'm sort of confused as to what will work best. I do enjoy having a snack at night with my family as we watch our favorite shows. Plus, evening is more calm than morning (busy rushing out the door to get kids to school and then straight to the gym).

Thanks, again, for your words of wisdom and your inspiration for being in the "so called" middle aged group and thyroid problems.

Stacie
  • healthyinponca
    Options
    Hi there from another thyroid problem sufferer. It has been so frustrating at times trying to find the right dosage. I refused to wait on the doctors to help me lose weight. This site has been wonderful with tracking calories and tracking exercise (which is soooo important with thyroid problems).

We will definitely be here for you.

Jen
  • StayCeeLynne
    Options
    Thanks SOOOO much! Yes, losing weight with thyroid issues can be difficult, but with you and others telling me it can be done helps a bunch!!! Thanks.