How Often Do You Weigh In?

Options
I weigh myself every day, or at least try to. Sometimes I won't upload the weight to this sight though if I suspect I've gained water weight or had a very heavy late dinner the night before. How often do you upload your weight onto MFP?

Replies

• CindiBryce
    Options
    Once a week. Everyday is too much for me.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every day but I record it twice a week. Months ago I started dieting/changing my eating habits on a Tuesday so I always weigh myself on Tuesday mornings and also on Fridays. I ease up a bit on weekends so I want to know where I stand going in:)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I used to do everyday but got way too obsessed.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Once a week, no more often than that. Always at the same time of day. Also, I know that one week out of every four, I will show a plateau or a gain, but it doesn't mean anything except that it's that time of the month. So I don't record that week, I figure it doesn't count. I always lose again the following week.
  • kilndoc
    Options
    I understand the desire to weigh in daily. Unfortunately, the human body fluctuates weight through normal activity, eating times, rest/activity cycles, and all the other cycles that you may go through. It is normal and healthy for your body to hold onto water during certain times of the day/month.

For me, I just began weighing myself daily (always in the morning right before I get dressed). I only record once a week, but the daily check-in is more to try to gauge what my normal fluctuation cycle is. I make a mental note of the weight, but don't stress about it.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday and got waaaay too obsessed. For a couple of months now I've only weighed myself once a week, and feel much better for it, although it was around that time I started counting calories and going to pump classes - so I was more focused on how I looked/changed, not the number.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    When ever I want. I usually log it to MFP too but last time i had a dumb fluctuation I didn't because I don't like when people congratulate me on losing the 2lbs I had just gained the day before.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record daily, whether it's up or down. I like to have a record of all the fluctuations. I do take Sunday as my "official" weigh-in day though.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and will log every day if there is a loss. If I've gained I won't log that until I've still gained after a week or so...if that makes sense lol!!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in once a week but this bloody site has got me obssessed LOL!

I have already weighed myself 3 times this week (was a 1lb up on Monday, last week's weight yesterday and 1lb down today) I only record my weight once a week though and weigh-in day is tomorrow!

It's driving me nuts seeing all these fluctuations so after my holiday I am going back to once a week!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself not very often because I think scales are rubbish. I go by how my body feels and looks
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself nearly everyday because I am obsessed. If only I could be come obsessed with dieting & exercise instead of just my weight!

Why does food taste so good?
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    Every day, but I only record days I've lost and I don't weigh the morning after I've had an off day or a day with excess sodium since I know it'll be up anyway, don't need the scale to tell me to get back on track. I suspect it's time to lower it to once or twice a week though, but I can't help the curiosity the next morning! I'm too interested in keeping track of what foods and activities cause fluctuations to keep myself off. I'm not hard on myself on up days though, it's more curiosity and just making a vague reference note for myself.
  • Piglet_26
    Options
    For me I'll weigh in once a week.......everyday would probably drive me mad watching the weight fluctuate. But if I know i've had a few bad days in a week I may skip a weeks weigh in to avoid disappointment.....this is feel keeps me motivated.
  • hannydee
    Options
    Officially: once every fortnight at the gym using the BF% machine. Due to weigh in this Sunday and so excited to compare it with last time!
    Unofficially: a few times a week just to keep an eye on things and make sure the scales are going down, not up!!
  • xunsungxherox
    Options
    i try to weigh myself once a week but lately its become every 2 weeks. I think its about preference. :]
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I agree with hannydee. When I was on the losing end I would get really excited about my upcoming weigh-in once a week. This really kept me motivated. I looked so forward to my weigh days that I'd work all the harder throughout the week.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but ive noticed that my weightloss comes in intervalls of 7-10 days, then goes back up to about a pound higher then my new lowest weight. If I hadnt weighed myself everyday I would have never figured this out.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and if i gained weight then ill drink more water that day..i log on MFP tues&sat!!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the gym. 1) it gets me to the gym on friday morning and 2) I then spend the rest of the week on eating right and exercising and not stressing about the scale.