stressed over cheat days

Options
My birthday is coming up nxt wk and I want to have a fun and carefree day, not having to worry about going over my calories allotted for the day but when I think about having a "cheat day" I get stressed and decide against it:( I'm really good about not going from day to day but it's my b-day dang it and I want to splurge! lol So I was wondering will one day really put a dent n my new lifestye?

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    no, one day won't hurt... i take one or two cheat days a month, if i didn't, i would give up on this whole thing and just splurge any time i wanted.... It helps. Just be careful of sodium intake -- drink LOTS of water after your free day!
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    go for it and enjoy your day. if you don't allow yourself something every now and then, you can sabatoge your efforts. one day will NOT ruin all that you have accomplished and what you are trying to continue to accomplish. Just get back on it the next day. allow yourself an edible pleasure twice a month.
  • ShaoonaRae
    ShaoonaRae Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cheat days are not bad for you. It's honestly good for you not have a deficit every once and a while, think of it as exercising your metabolism. :)

Now, that doesn't mean like, pig out. Exhibit self control still. My last cheat day, my fiance got us pizza, and milkshakes. Usually I would have two slices of pizza, and a regular shake, this time around I had only 1 slice and a small shake, and it filled me up just the same as before. Go ahead and have some normal tasty treats without worrying about the calories, but don't eat the whole cake. ;)
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Definition of CHEATING: To act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.

Indulging and enjoying yourself on your birthday in no way meets the definition of CHEATING. We all need to give ourselves a break now and then. What's the worst that can happen? You gain back 1 pound and have to continue dieting for another half a week to lose it? Who cares!

Now... allowing yourself to overeat everyday or several times a week and lying to yourself about having a self control problem... that's CHEATING... and how most of us got into this mess to begin with.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Nope. One day will not destroy or undo what you have achieved this far, AS LONG as you don't turn it into an everyday thing. I used to have cheat days once a week. Not as often now, but I make sure to come back the next day full force no matter what. Enjoy your day. Mine's in a couple of weeks and yes, I plan to enjoy it too.
    Happy early birthday.