The Ultimate Oatmeal. Peanut butter lovers, search no more.

Options
Depending on what brands you use and how much you put in, it can range in calories. My mom turned me onto this way of making oatmeal and it is seriously my favorite.

You will need:
1/2 cup dry quick oats
1-2 tbsp. peanut butter
1 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
ground cinnamon
sweetener (optional)
1/2 - 3/4 cup of water or milk

Instructions:
Put oats and water or milk into a microwaveable bowl. Sprinkle your desired amount of cinnamon over oats with the optional packet of sweetener. Put your helping of peanut butter into the bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Take the bowl out, stir, then put back into microwave for another 30 seconds. Add in chocolate chips, stir, and enjoy! You pretty much have yourself a giant cookie for breakfast :)

Replies

• phnx72
    phnx72 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    um, yes please!
  • soifua
    Options
    yum!!
  • purplerose421
    Options
    bump!
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh.....My.....Goodness!!!!! My search is over. Thanks so much for sharing this! I want it right now though I'm missing some of the ingredients and it's almost midnight, LOL!
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    Bump.....I want it now.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Yummy, I need some chocolate chips, then I could totally make this tomorrow! lol
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I just put that into my recipes. 380 calories, not bad for a breakfast that will stay with you. Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it. I used 1 section of Ghiradelli 70% Cacao chocolate, if I chop it up it should work fine.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    This sounds so tasty. I'll omit the sugar/sugar substitute and I'll maybe swap raisins for the chocolate chips.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    This sounds so tasty. I'll omit the sugar/sugar substitute and I'll maybe swap raisins for the chocolate chips.

and swap in PB2 for the peanut butter to reduce calories even more:
    http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Oh my... Yum!!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

and swap in PB2 for the peanut butter to reduce calories even more:
    http://www.bellplantation.com/

I'd rather use my natural fresh ground from Whole Foods than something that's been processed. Calories aren't a big deal to me...it's about it being natural and wholesome. I can easily eat up to 2,000 cals a day and be just fine...and on my frame...I'm trying to bulk up.
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is making my mouth water just thinking about it! I wonder if you switched the chocolate chips for raisins if it would be like a oatmeal raisin cookie? mmm! Gonna try this for sure!
  • CheetoBandoto
    Options
    This sounds incredible! I've got everything except the chocolate chips and I need to restock my oatmeal so maybe I'll swing by the store a little later :)
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy.... I'll have to try this, thanks for sharing! :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Marking this! Thank you for sharing!
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Naughty!!!!! Love it! Thanx this sounds like the perfect breaky for a certain time of the month ... thanx for sharing :)
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    Oh yummy!!! Thanks for sharing! Totally bumping this one!! Mmmm..I just had oatmeal this morning with pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 banana, and sliced almonds. I'm totally trying yours tomorrow! mmmm.....
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Bumpety bump bump!!! I LOVES me my oatmeal, and PB is my kryptonite!!