13 pounds gone in 43 days, 12 to go!

Options
Hey y'all, I've been at this for 43 days but haven't gotten involved in the forums yet. I've hit a plateau and am looking for diet & exercise inspiration and encouragement.

I've always been in fairly good shape, but when I did add holiday pounds I was always able to get rid of them easily. Now that I'm about to turn 46, I found it much harder. My wife lost 30 pounds on another diet plan but I wasn't getting anywhere, so it was time to get serious.

I also need to get and keep my cholesterol well under 200 so that I'll be around for my kids. On 9/15/11 I'll be 46. I'm the husband of 1 and a father of 4. My kids are 5, 10, 15, and almost 18 (boy, girl, girl, boy). The 5-yr old has cancer -- a malignant recurrent brain tumor that has required 2 surgeries, 33 radiation treatments, and 3 rounds of chemo. If Jack can fight cancer with a good attitude, I can fight a little FAT!!

Replies

• cynmay13
    Options
    I'm so happy your son can give you such inspiration. Children that have cancer have some of the biggest spirits around! If you've lost 13lbs in 43days I say your doing AMAZING!!! Your plateau might be do to your body now also making muscle mass. I know it can be frustrating to see the number stable off. But, don't focus so much on the number, but more how you look and feel. Keep working hard and the weight will begin to fall again! With your attitude it sounds like you will be around for awhile! =)
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I was VERY successful with a product called igniteitnow.com (under a guy named Scott Brady) His phone # is 480-389-9497 I lost 11 pounds in 15 days on their program. Never seen anything work that well.....ever. Fat always stick to me like glue and I, have a hard time losing weight. Since I drink coffee anyways, I am doing their appetite suppressant coffee which includes energy support and exercise enhancer. It's amazing. I drink a cup and I'm not hungry for hours! and the body trim packet that you just add in to water and drink it. I have lost another 4 pounds already. I have 4 or 5 more pounds to go till my goal. (which is 125) I'm 5'2" I was very skeptical when I found out about this product, but I am more than pleasantly surprised with the outstanding results I got from it.

I'm so sorry about your 5 y/o Jack. I HATE CANCER. I lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago. It was lung cancer that spread everywhere. Sending prayers your way that God will reach out and touch him, and make him well.
    Lisa from California
  • bobdawg65
    bobdawg65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cynmay13, Thanks for the kind words. I hope you are right about the muscle mass; that would make the plateau bearable. I am a daily weigher, but realize that it will fluctuate day to day. and if I stay the same weight - or even gain some - while fitting my clothes better, it's all ok! :-)

Lisa from Cali, I'm sorry for the loss of your father. 3 years must feel like 3 days sometimes. Thanks for the info and especially the prayers. I'll remember you and your family in prayer as well.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Best wishes that your son beats this. It can happen, my mother in-law has fought back Pancreatic cancer twice now and is Alice to shout it from the roof tops. Most recently she was put in remission effective last month :happy:

As for your plateau, are you retaining any water/fluids? Have you tried drinking more water, increasing your exercise or modifying your diet?

Feel free to friend me :)