Cheese! My favorite thing ever.

Options
Cheddar cheese is my favorite food ever. I have a slice of Tillamook sharp cheddar on my sandwich almost every day, and a few times a week I have cheese on eggs or sprinkled on my dinner. I love it so much. BUT, I keep hearing that it would be best if people had cheese extremely sparingly or cut it out of their diet completely. There's no way I could do that, but would it be helpful if every so often I have a cheese-free week? Would that help my attempt to lose weight, or would my body just get confused when I start eating cheese again and quickly put on a bunch more weight?

Replies

• Mitchlou84
    Options
    I eat cheese too! I just count the calories and weigh it so I know I'm not underestimating! Grating it makes it go much further!!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Don't cut it out completely. Try half a slice on your sandwiches. Try to get away from so much cheese. I know how you feel. I use to put cheese on almost everything. Now I only use it as an extra treat.
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Like any food, moderation is key. To cut out cheese would be unsustainable for you and might lead to failure so enjoy your cheese, but maybe cut it down a little. I agree that grating works well - I also LOVE cheddar!
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHEESE TOO. I NOTICED THAT I WAS DROPPING MY WEIGHT FASTER AFTER I CUT BACK ON THE CHEESE.
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    What seems to work for me and cheese (and most other "tempting" foods) is to cut out or serve myself one serving and then put the knife in the dishwasher, the cheese back in the fridge, and make sure anything else I'm eating is also on my plate and the rest put away. That way I reduce the temptation to get a larger helping of it.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I ♥ cheese too. All cheese, any cheese (not blue cheese though, bleurgh!)
    My lovely Dad was at a cheese and wine thing on Friday, and I came into work to find a mixed plate of GORGEOUS cheeses had been put in for me (isn't that nice!?) I had had breakfast, and a rough idea of my food for the rest of the day, so I hesitated...then I thought 'wtf, it isn't every day', weighed it (180g!), logged it (700 and something calories) and enjoyed every single little bite. Oh, I'm drooling at the thought! When I got home, I went out for a good walk (and my version of a jog lol), and by the end of the day, I came in under my calories AND got my lowest ever weight on yesterday's weigh in :D I ♥ calorie counting!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    if cheddar is your bag, then enjoy some and don't deny yourself the pelasure, because if you deprive yourself of something, you'll want it even more.

But you do need to factor it into your daily count so that might mean dropping something else.

I love cheese and would eat it every day... all different types of cheese.

Now I eat a lot mroe cottage cheese and reduced-fat cheese spreads (which I sometime use instead of butter.)

I have a block of gouda with cumin seeds which I have a chunk of when I'm way under ny daikly goal... makes a nice treat :tongue:
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese every single day, with at least one meal. Full fat, full taste. Hasn't impeded my weight loss one bit.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too! I try to buy the low fat varieties but it full strength when I'm out. If you're factoring it into your calorie count then it doesn't matter which cheese you choose to eat. You may want to make sure you weigh your portions wwhen you can though so as you aren't accidently 'cheating' in your count. Shredding makes it go a lot further =)
  • emj1978
    Options
    I love any kind of cheese and it just adds a little something extra. To me grating it or melting it over something is a way I've found that I can have just a little less. I won't eat the low-fat, I refuse. In all my times losing weight, cheese was never a problem for me. We'll see this time around.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese every single day, with at least one meal. Full fat, full taste. Hasn't impeded my weight loss one bit.

same here.
  • linbaby4
    linbaby4 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am an absolute cheese addict! I love it soo much!!
    from cheese strings to slices to cubes!
    I am currently snacking on cracker barrel cheese cubes lol