Caffeine withdrawal headaches ??

Options
2»

Replies

• cervenec
    Options
    Oooh, I used to get horrible caffeine withdrawal in high school if I didn't drink a soda for a few days. I just switched off soda and went to green tea, and I also sometimes take aspirin in the morning that has a high amount of caffeine.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - I didn't try and give up the caffeine. It was a just a natural step as I cut out the cals of the skimmed milk (from the 2 I used to have every day)... and with the increase in water (trying really hard to drink my 2litres per day) that has meant I've not reached for the diet sodas.

So I haven't tried to cut it out, it just kind of happened.

I guess I want to be able to have 1 latte a day (as I do enjoy with skimmed milk) and the occasional diet soda (these are my drink of choice, once the 2litres of water have gone that is!).. heehee...

Hopefully the headaches won't last long. Feel better this afternoon. And will stick to the occasional latte, occasional diet coke - my body will adjust.

Thanks all. :)
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Try excedrin migraine as well ~ it has caffeine in it and helped me when I went thru it. I drank a 2 liter and then some a day of mt.dew for yrs an yrs. I went from that to limiting myself to 1 20oz a day, nope not fun at all, then to none. I do still put a lil bit of sweet tea in my water but simply because our water tastes HORRIBLE and I cant seem to bring myself to buy a gallon of water a day or so. Yes, I drink that much liquid ~ I almost always have something to drink near me, as soon as I empty the glass I go get more.