Flat Tummy after C-Section?

Options

Replies

• libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've had 1 C-section and 1 VBAC and I have the "pooch." I don't ever envision myself in a bikini as the stretch marks the babes left are plentiful. My husband tells me he likes a little "pooch." We'll see what happens when I get closer to my goal weight but I think it will just have to stay. I have read that when some women have a C-section, the abdominal walls separate and the only way to fix them is surgery. I'm ok with the "pooch," someday I'd like the girls lifted. :wink:
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections. After my first I lost all the weight and barely had a pooch, but it was there. After my second I've gained a bunch of weight, now 3 years after the 2nd c-section I have a full on belly. The pooch by the scar is still there. I'm hoping to bring it back to what it was like after my first.
  • suzibrew
    Options
    I had two c sections and last summer had a mini tuck, which means no new belly button! My scar has improved 100 %, pouch was just about gone (need to lose 20 now!). It is a big deal, big recovery, but if you can handle a c-section you can handle a mini tuck. The worst part is the compression garment you have to wear for weeks. If I did it again I would do it in the winter, would probably be more comfortable and you could cover up with sweaters.

susan
  • ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Never had a c-section (should have, but that's another story), but had emergency surgery at age 18, then kidney transplant four years ago. Don't think my poor tummy will ever be flat, but I am thankful for the scars I have. As one of my t-shirts says "Scars are like tattoos, only with better stories".

I can relate to this! I had a C-section last year but the real culprit is that I had emergency surgery when I was 19 after a car accident and have a 6-inch vertical scar on my abdomen. My stomach has never looked the same and I'm not sure it ever will. It makes me sad. But I'm thankful to be alive -- it's a pretty small price to pay.
  • fitcounselor
    fitcounselor Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It takes some time. I'm still working on mine after 2-c sections. "Ab fat" is usually the last to go and your abs are usually made in the kitchen unless you have some crazy six-pack genes! Be patient. Do lots of cardio and love your body because that's where our kiddies came from :-)
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    Never had a c-section (should have, but that's another story), but had emergency surgery at age 18, then kidney transplant four years ago. Don't think my poor tummy will ever be flat, but I am thankful for the scars I have. As one of my t-shirts says "Scars are like tattoos, only with better stories".

I can relate to this! I had a C-section last year but the real culprit is that I had emergency surgery when I was 19 after a car accident and have a 6-inch vertical scar on my abdomen. My stomach has never looked the same and I'm not sure it ever will. It makes me sad. But I'm thankful to be alive -- it's a pretty small price to pay.

I know exactly what you mean. After several years of not knowing if I would be here, I am very thankful for these scars. And yes, mine are numb and itch at times!
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section... I've done lots of cardio. I still have a tiny pooch and some loose skin that no one notices but me. Stretch marks though.. those little boogers are a little more stubborn. Luckily.. this pic is blurry! lol

IMG_0785-1.jpg

Sorry if it's not working.. here is the link (maybe!)

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/DestinyDarbi/MFP Weight Loss Pictures/?action=view&current=IMG_0785-1.jpg
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I didnt have a c-section with either of my kids but I had a hysterectomy which I was cut from hip to hip. I have some loose skin too from all the stretch marks. But the pooch and the loose skin have gotten alot better the more I work on it. You cant really tell unless I am naked now and then it is still very little. So yes there is hope. The biggest thing is your diet. Good food will give you the best results.
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 c-sections...my last one in Feb...and i'm REALLY hoping I can get rid of it! I'm sure working my butt off...literally...to make it gone!!!! lol but man some days a tummy tuck sure seems inviting! :)
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My dr. said even the thinnest person will still have a "hangover". I hate it! But my sister who had a c-section, doesn't have much of a hangover but they used a laser instead of staples. I had a c-section from hell and had to be opened back up without anesthesia and I had to heal from the inside out while fluid drained out of me. :( So my scar is really ugly.
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm sure for most here, it wasn't a choice.
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Doesn't anyone believe in giving birth naturally anymore?? Seems to be a whole lot of C Sections up in here!!

Well when you push and your son loses his heartbeat they call for an emergency c-section...and when your child is big they have to extend the incision making it impossible to give birth naturally with out having internal bleeding... Hence the 3 c-secs...I'm sure MOST of us tried but not everything can go as planned...
  • trinanewton
    Options
    does this system really help you lose weight?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section 22 years ago. I can honestly say I've never had a pooch there but I lost my pregnancy weight pretty quickly and was very active and kept in great shape for several years afterward. I was actually hoping to see pictures so I could understand what everyone means, but I assume the skin hangs down over the scar?

That area is definitely numb for a long time. I noticed about 3 or 4 months ago that I actually have about 90% of the feeling back around the scar. I'd stopped checking a long time ago because it was numb for a couple inches around for a very long time.
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Doesn't anyone believe in giving birth naturally anymore?? Seems to be a whole lot of C Sections up in here!!

I had to have a c-section because I was not dilating...however, I think it should always be a woman's choice how she chooses to give birth. :)
  • Krys_T
    Options
    My mother had 2 sections and she has a flat stomach still at almost 45. It just took working out and eating right. She is big on strength training and cardio together. So don't fear...it can be done, just keep working at it :)
  • Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well I believe there is no hope for me.... My stomach wasn't flat before I had the C-section!!!! LOL
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Well I believe there is no hope for me.... My stomach wasn't flat before I had the C-section!!!! LOL

Girl stop lol
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    GREAT QUESTION i also had 2 c section and dont really want get a tummy tuck ,,,,also when you start loosing weight do u start to get the musles control to because it seems to me that i lost that also