SOOO HARD!

Options
I feel like i'm hungry all the time and I don't know how to stop myself, so instead i have been exercising more to earn those extra calories so i can eat a lot. But I can't exercise every day so how do I deal with the hunger? AND i just want bad foods like all the time. healthy food is not very tasty to me. lol. UGH

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary but make certain you are eating protein at every meal and snack. It does help fill you up. Drink your water, it does help curb some of the "hungries". It IS hard to eat healthy and lose weight especially if you are used to eating unhealthy food. You have to want to be fit and healthy and lose weight more than you want that _______ (fill in the blank). That's not to say that you can never have that stuff again, but if you are just starting out on MFP, you may want to avoid those foods for awhile or limit how much you have. Also, try and change one thing at a time rather than going cold turkey on everything so that you don't give up. Good luck!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Cannot see your Diary but increase Protein! You body needs fuel- You body is telling you it needs more!

You might want to consider changing your goal depending what you have it set for.

Change it to 1 pound a week, it gives your body more fuel- yes its not losing 2 pounds per week but if you don't have that much to loss you might not be eatting enough!

Make sure you are eatting all the calories! Again, cannot see your diary so its hard to determine!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Taste is learned. You learned how to like unhealthy foods and you can learn how to like healthy foods. Try taking baby steps by making your favorite foods at home in a healthy way. Like hamburgers? There's nothing wrong with a hamburger if you use lean meat and a whole grain bun. Like pizza, start with a whole grain crust, skip the salty, greasy pepperoni or sausage (use lean chicken or beef, or buy low fat sausage or turkey pepperoni if you really want it) and load up on veggies, top with reduced fat cheese. Nothing wrong with that. Once your body gets used to not having all the unhealthy fat and sodium you can gradually add more whole foods. But healthy doesn't mean all salads and fish. Get creative.

As for being hungry, eating healthy foods will allow you to eat more for the same amount of calories. Make sure you are getting carbs, protein and fats at each meal to properly fuel your body and keep you full.