Fall down seven times get up eight.

Options
These last 7 days have been horrible as far as my diet and exercise is concerned. Today was suppose to be my check in but I don't want to log it because I gained a pound. :ohwell: Does anyone ever not log their weight gain? Or should I? I'm not discouraged at all... last week I lost 3 pounds and my target was to lose one pound so I'm actually on the upside of my goals. I am mentally preparing for this to be a better week. I figure If I fall down seven times I need to get up eight. :bigsmile:

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    great attitude! hypothetically, yes - it's best to hold yourself accountable for the pound, so yes, you should probably count it. however, that's easier said than done. i need to take this advice myself! sometimes i do, sometimes i don't, even though i know i should always.

but so long as you are in it for the long haul, you're going to get there, so don't sweat the small stuff! great work!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I agree, great attitude. Thank you.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My weight is up and down all the time, even when I'm behaving. For the typical day to day stuff, no I don't log when it's up. If I were to take a couple of months off and came back to get back in gear, yes I would log any increase. Refusing to up the weight just makes me more motivated to get back where I'm supposed to be.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    We ALL have bad weeks. I'm having one this week. Your attitude is AWESOME! We just have to keep at it. Way to go on your weight loss. Keep it up!!
    I haven't added my gain. I know I should. I just keep hoping it goes back down.
    Let's start a new week with new resolve. Eat healthy and exercise. Good luck sweetie. You can add me and I'll cheer you on :drinker:
  • for_a_mittengrl
    for_a_mittengrl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love your philosophy! :)
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I don't log my gains. Prolly should, but I just don't.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I agree! You have a super attitude, and that is what matters. Like some others I have both logged gains and not logged gains. When I don't my weight stays the same on my ticker for a while and you must challenge yourself to get to a point where you are actually logging a loss again. Other times I have felt like I needed to see it in my face, each day that I was up a pound or two. Overall, I have lost and am continuing the trend, it just gets a little more challenging as we go along....The thing is you have to be honest with yourself in all that you do, exercise, eating and logging...

Keep up the good work and Good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 pound this weekend just from wearing ankle weights when I workout and from doing a really intense leg workout. So i did not record it and I won't more then likely..I work out 6 times a week so on my 7th day if it stays that way then I will know I am just getting bigger but it happens and like everyone says here your attitude is awesome, this week will be better ;-)
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    These last 7 days have been horrible as far as my diet and exercise is concerned. Today was suppose to be my check in but I don't want to log it because I gained a pound. :ohwell: Does anyone ever not log their weight gain? Or should I? I'm not discouraged at all... last week I lost 3 pounds and my target was to lose one pound so I'm actually on the upside of my goals. I am mentally preparing for this to be a better week. I figure If I fall down seven times I need to get up eight. :bigsmile:

"fall down seven times I need to get up eight" was a phrase often repeated when i took karate... So if your pulling this from a karate background I say a big OSU!

also the idea of "beginner's mind." has helped me on my MFP journey... I only have 1 lb to lose... the NEXT one. (It helps me from getting overwhelmed and focus on what I need to do now)

Whatever the rules you've set for yourself, follow them consistently...

My rule: I don't track a gain or a loss unless I've maintained it for 3-days.
    But then again while I started out with the plan of weighing in only once a week. I usually end up on the scale to take a peek more than a few days a week... If there is a change I'll weigh daily to see if it's a real change or a fluctuation. If it's a real change I log it, if it was TOM or water weight or constipation and it resolves itself in the next day or two I forget it.
  • billak
    billak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. It's always nice to hear from others and what their experiences have been.