ZUMBA calories?? Does anyone know??

Options
13»

Replies

• netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Use the calculator then create your own exercise. I have created a medium intensity and high intensity one. If i can't talk during my workout, then it's high.
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    I also think it depends on the instructor and the energy you're willing to put out. Our instructor at my gym is PHENOMENAL! She pushes herself SO hard and is truly DRENCHED in sweat to the point where she has to wipe up the floor. We all push ourselves extremely hard too. Once we had a substitute who was so awful because she wasn't pushing herself and she wasn't very coordinated with her moves. We had to walk out because 10 minutes in we still weren't breaking a sweat.

A few months ago I'd burn around 700 calories in an hour (I weighed about 185lb) according to my heart rate monitor. I think it all depends on how much effort you put worth.
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think EVERYONE is shooting too HIGH. I have done zumba, giving it my all, more so than most people in the class, and I do not burn even close to what you guys are quoting. no way does it get my heartrate up like running, ( and I run all the time). I wear a HRM , its not even close. Its barely 300 for one hour . BARELY.

sounds like your taking a crappy class.. there are alot of not good instructors out there.. I'm in decent shape and im huffin and puffin and drentched in sweat when i leave.