Anyone want to BASH???!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    hahaha... I remember doing the cabbage soup diet nearly 10 times (literally)!

me too...LMBO!!! I even tried weight watchers, slim fast, diet pills, & slim quick...CRAZY!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Reebok slide. It was a slippery long piece of mat, you put on these silly looking booties and you slide back and forth speed skater style. The mat would never stay in one spot and you constantly had to stop to adjust it. I can't remember how much I paid for it but what a piece of crap!

Also the Suzanne Sommers thighmaster. Maybe someone just starting out with exercise could benefit from it, but definitely too easy for any avid exerciser.
  • goatstew
    Options
    I've done EVERYTHING guys. Seriously, cabbage soup (and other crazies,) slim fast, Curves, atkins, weight watchers, LA weight loss, I even had lap band surgery (I've seen a lot of family members do HCG, they lose a lot fast, but gain it back.) The thing is, you can lose on all of these, it's whether or not you can keep it off. There is no magic solution. The only long term solution is retraining yourself to eat healthy and exercise. Those other plans are just not realistic, long term solutions. Changing how you think and act is a realistic, long term solution. But man, they sure sound good, and change is REALLY hard. And, they sure have earned A LOT of money off of me! Kiss all of those options goodbye and lets move forward toward change.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    MetaSlim... I took it when I was a teenager... It damaged my metabolism so badly that I had a terrible burning sensation whenever I ate. Stopped taking it and gained like crazy... I still sometimes get that burning in my esophagus.
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The "Shake Weight"!! LOL really
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget planta fruta which after tooting itself to be all natural turns out to have more medication in it the redline lol. And seriously the stuff didnt work i lost 5 pounds and that was it. I'll stick to my redline for work out use only
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! There are so many gimmicks and contraptions out there that are BS!

Shake Weight
    Ab belts
    Red chair
    Ab rockers

There are too many to name. And as for Celebrity endorsed equipment or programs, you'd have to be really naive to think that this is all they do. With the money they have they have chefs, trainers and a little plastic surgery to keep themselves looking the way they do.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The grapefruit diet!

My exH bought a waist slimmer belt thingie off late night TV that would zap your skin with little electronic pulses. I think he paid like $50 for that thing, and all it did was hurt like hell.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    The "Shake Weight"!! LOL really

Hahaha! Did u try it?? I know it looks soo funny but I wanted to get it cuz I thought even tho it looks funny it just may work on my arm flab... :tongue: :blushing:
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I brought that freakin' Ab Circle Pro and those knee pad things slip off...I could of pulled the pads out of one of my bras :grumble:
    I slipped of that thing one day and skinned my knee :angry:

It says, 3 minutes a day to fantastic Abs I never even got a cramp or anything that showed it might be working,,,Grrr
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I love this! I have tried so many of these and then some. :blushing:

The thing is I wouldn't bash one of them. I figure I tried it and even though I didn't get the results I had hoped for, I did get educated on what does and does not work for me. Don't get me wrong I have heard the horror stories such as mentioned here that created, or irritated health problems. When I hear people mention they are trying ______ and I know that ______ has caused problems for someone I don't mind sharing that informaiton with them. BUT there will most likely be someone in the waits that will support ______ and claim it worked for them.

*shrugs* So to each his and her own. Be well and take care of your selves. :drinker:
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    metabolife
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    well i didnt buy it but when i was a teenager my mom bought an " ab roller" i use to get on that thing thinking i was gonna get a six pack.. eventually i got a 4 pack but it wasnt cause of that peice of junk

LOLOL My mom has one of those. I think I saw her use it once. She also has the 6 min 6 pack thing that just sits under her bed. And she has a basement full of exercise equipment that she never uses. When I get a bigger house I'm gonna go over there and steal her treadmill though. :D
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have the shake weight! (I am a gimmick *kitten*!) I think it works great. When I do it for 2 minutes each arm, my arm is sore the next day. It's good for just watching TV and moving the arms even though I look like an idiot doing it!
  • superwoman2798
    superwoman2798 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    PGX!! the fibre pill that claims to reduce appetite and regulate blood sugar!

Waste of time, always felt bloated, didnt lose a pound!