Jeff Galloway running program?

Options
2»

Replies

• R4z0r4Mm0
    Options
    I'm blogging about my training. I have 35 more weeks to train for my first half-marathon, so I have time to experiment while I build my running base using the Galloway program.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/R4z0r4Mm0/view/i-am-a-runner-244-days-to-go-149006
  • mags2504
    Options
    I have volunteered to do a half marathon with my mate next April in Edinburgh, I have to say I really am NOT a runner. I had only just cracked 5k doing c25k. Today I thought I would try Jeff Galloways 2.30 run 1 walk and done 9k in an hour on the treadmill. I really need to try outside running as I know it's gona be harder, and Edinburgh = Hills. Hopefully I'll get there by next April.
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I did a 5 mile hilly run this morning. Suppose to be at race pace, but didn't get there. I ran a mile and walked 20-30 seconds today since I was on my home road this morning and know where the mile markers are. It was okay. I think the humidity and the hills caught me off guard. I mean those hills kicked my butt!!! When I do my long runs I park in town and run along a flatter course. My race course is super flat. We'll see how the long run goes this week. I might try to pump things up a little on the run portions but still do the 8min/45sec ratio. Rest day tomorrow.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Hills are tough when you aren't used to them. I love to challenge myself at my in-laws place in the mountains. Not only are there hills, but it's at above 7000 feet. Some tough running for this flat land desert dweller!