Denver Area Peeps - Tour De Fat This Saturday!

Options
Hello fellow MFPers,

I wanted to spread the word about this event. I have been lucky enough to attend this event the last 5 years in multiple cities (3 times in Fort Collins, 2 times in Denver, and 1 time in Austin). Tour De Fat is a bike tour run by New Belgium Brewery, which promotes bicycling in many cities throughout the country. People dress up in crazy costumes and ride a designated route around the city. After, they meet in a park where there is music, games, food, and beer. It is a fantastic time, and quite frankly, my favorite holiday.
This year, the Denver Tour starts at the west side of City Park. It is this Saturday at 9:45am, and the celebration goes til 4pm. It is good to show up a little early. It is FREE to ride and all proceeds from the food and beer are donated to the Denver Cruisers and Bike Denver. This is definitely a child-friendly event, so bring them along. Costumes are not mandatory, but are encouraged. Also, you are not required to ride in the Tour to join in the festivities. I encourage you all to come down to City Park and participate in this event. I guarantee a great time! :happy:

Tour de Fat Denver Schedule of Happenings:

9:45-10:00 (Street) Bike Parade Launch with the Rhymanese Twins
11:00-11:20 (ground) Stunt Pepper
11:20-11:25 (R) Musical Intro: Our Town
11:25 -12:15 (S) Yo-Yo People
12:15-12:30 (R) Slow Ride
12:30 - 1:20 (R) Dovekins
1:20 – 1:40 (R) The Bicycle Dating Game
1:40 – 2:30 (S) Honeymoon Cabaret
2:40 – 2:50 (R) Car for bike Trade
2:55 – 3:45 (R) Los Amigos Invisibles
3:50 - 4:00 (R) Waste Diversion, NPO $ Raised then Finale!
(R) Revival Stage

(S) Side show Stage

Grotto Stage

11:25-12:15 Bonnie and the Beard
12:30-1:15 Marty Jones
1:40-2:30 Sambadende
2:55-3:45 Paper Bird

Replies

• kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sooo wish I wasn't working on Saturday! Two of my housemates are going, though. Also, I wish I could make it to see Paper Bird! Definitely stick around and see them. =)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The Colorado Women's Beer Club will be there holdin' down for the ladies!!!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Sooo wish I wasn't working on Saturday! Two of my housemates are going, though. Also, I wish I could make it to see Paper Bird! Definitely stick around and see them. =)

Sad you have to miss it. I have heard Paper Bird before, and I agree that they're great :smile:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    P.S. LOVE Paper Bird! I don't really recognize anyone else on the lineup.