Attention female runners !

Options
So Im training for a half marathon and doin pretty well... untill i got a pedicure.. because of all the running my feet looked pretty bad so i decided to go get them done...

This mornings run was so painful! All the callus' were gone so i was like my feet were raw ...

Just sayin .. Beware of the pedicure...:noway:

Replies

• aunienue
    Options
    good to know....I completed my first half the end of May and run my second October 16. My feet are looking a little rough, maybe that is a good thing...

Sue
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    oh u aint seen nothing yet...wait until u lose ur first toenail :) best of luck with ur training!!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yeah don't even bother with a pedicure til after your done. HUGE mistake. Let the rest of you be sexy right now and worry about your nasty feet later.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Yep. Been there, done that. I basically tell them to only take the calluses down about 1/2 way and not to touch the blisters. I got one day last week and fell asleep during it. I had told the woman exactly what I just said, woke up and I had no dead skin at all. I had worked hard for my ugly feet and yeah 10 days later, I'm still in pain when I run!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i stopped the pedicures years ago. Whats the point since i lose toenails during the year
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I did the same a couple of weeks ago, it didn't take 3 days for it to go away. I am going back this weekend, the pain we go thru to be beautiful. :wink:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    oh u aint seen nothing yet...wait until u lose ur first toenail :) best of luck with ur training!!

Do you really?!
  • aunienue
    Options

That's why I haven't gone for a pedicure this summer, I lost a toenail after my first half. :ohwell:
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Uggg i do not want to lose a toenail I think i would cry :sad:
  • CBunny5
    Options

Ouch!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options

Do you really?!

Yes, people lose toenails running. It depends on your mileage though really and how much room you have in your toebox. I've been lucky...but still have 8 weeks 'til my marathon:smile:
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    thanks for the info :angry: I definately won't have that done
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hmmm good advice! I was just thinking how nasty my feet have been looking lately. But I won't touch them now!
  • aschultz9
    Options
    I'm a runner, average about 25ish miles/week when not training. I've read about this but have never had callouses or toenail problems?