I'm a little confused?!

Options
So, I was so excited to make the "yum yum brownie muffins" by Hungry Girl that when I went to the grocery store I bought Pumpkin Pie filling, instead of the pure pumpkin :(

Either way, it made WAY more than 12 muffins (I actually made 20!!) but I'm not sure if that's just because it's a different consistency?

Hum, Either way... I'm trying to figure out the calories. I'm awful at this stuff, I apologize in advance.

Betty Crocker - Devil's Food Cake (Dry Mix), 0.8664 package 136 cals
E.D. Smith - Pumpkin Pie Filling, 0.8 whole can (540mL) 547 cals

I tried to figure it out but have a hard time believing what I have is true as per serving in the book it calls for 181 cals.

Replies

• stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    So, I was so excited to make the "yum yum brownie muffins" by Hungry Girl that when I went to the grocery store I bought Pumpkin Pie filling, instead of the pure pumpkin :(

Either way, it made WAY more than 12 muffins (I actually made 20!!) but I'm not sure if that's just because it's a different consistency?

Hum, Either way... I'm trying to figure out the calories. I'm awful at this stuff, I apologize in advance.

Betty Crocker - Devil's Food Cake (Dry Mix), 0.8664 package 136 cals
    E.D. Smith - Pumpkin Pie Filling, 0.8 whole can (540mL) 547 cals

I tried to figure it out but have a hard time believing what I have is true as per serving in the book it calls for 181 cals.
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    Did you use the whole package on both? you could add the total calories and divide it by 20, or whatever the total muffin qty came out to be....
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Did you use the whole package on both? you could add the total calories and divide it by 20, or whatever the total muffin qty came out to be....

Thanks darling. I used about 80% of the package of the mix and 95% of the pumpkin filling (as the calories above say). I just think it seems weird that for the recipe it calls for 120 cals for one muffin but when I devide by 20 it seems so much less. Maybe I'm going crazy?