alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I haven't had alcohol in like.. over a year. So.. if you really want to quit the beer... do what I did.. Have a baby!! :laugh: Sorry.. my comment has no real substance to it :ohwell:
  • lanneydeeg
    Options
    love all your replys to this subject but im another girl who at weekends see having a drink no lets put it another way getting drunk with my friends something to look falward to its what makes a crap week go faster but have any of you ever noticed i have never came accross a fat alcoholic? strange eh and look at people in france they live healthy lives yet drink alcohol everyday with there meals its part of there culture to have wine everyday with there meals anyway i myself drink vodka and ginger ale with a twist of lime or lemon with plenty of ice so im getting my water intake aswell and dont get bad hangover with the plenty of ice i am also saving up my calories to accomodate this so fingers crossed
  • belinda_b
    belinda_b Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you have lost weight drinking beer and continue to do so, it doesn't seem to be a problem as far as weight loss goes.

I have lost 11 pounds while still having some wine everyday.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! This is my biggest problem is giving up the alcohol. I work at a bar and most of my friends hang out there. So it's just part of my life style. I do believe I will switch to lower calorie vodka instead of my yummy miller lite. I switched to 64 before but just end up drinking twice as many.

And it's not the devil to everyone............. Just sayin
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    ...er but have any of you ever noticed i have never came accross a fat alcoholic? strange eh and look at people in france they live healthy ...

there are plenty of fat alcoholics out there. Those in advanced stages of aloholism have often quit eating entirely and are getting all of their calories from booze. They are usually thin an extremely poorly nourished
  • lanneydeeg
    Options
    after my wee drink last night with my ice i have still woke up with a hangover guess i didnt put enough ice in lol never mind i gave up smoking over 10yrs ago i did it because i felt i had to for the obvious health reasons but i didnt want to because i enjoyed smoking so im not ready to give up having a drink at weekends because i enjoy it and look falward to the weekends otherwise weekends wouldnt be much diffrent from weekdays boring lol :drinker:
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I drink wine/champagne 6 nights a week. Between 1 and 5 glasses usually. I leave myself enough calories for these, and if I drink less then i eat them in food.
    I exercise occasionally, but not usually when I'm working and drinking.
    My stomach shows no signs of the booze sticking to it :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would switch to wine or liquers (but straight up, not fruity martinis).
    Here's a cool blog post about how to plan for your drinking while trying to lose weight:
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html