I cant stop eating!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have done that today too because I was out of fruit and Lettuce and grilled meat that i put on my salads.....so, in the last 35 days this is the first time that this has happened so it'll be okay, I'm going to the store today after I go to the gym so I will have food to eat that won't have so many calories.....if you stay prepared you can eat all day and it not be a catastrophe. Good Luck!!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I've actually read that some people have something in their genetics that makes them hungry all the time (it's called compulsive overeating). Other people have turned it into a trusted habit and it can be fixed with some will power. For other people it is a very real and serious eating disorder problem. It is hard to know what your case is. Have you talked to a doctor about it?

If it is a will power issue, then have you tried more fiber? Fiber can fill you up or make you feel that way. Just don't eat too much, it can clog your system, I believe. More fruits and veggies, plus a fiber drink is what helped me feel fuller for longer. Good luck.
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    When you want to lose weight bad enough, you will stop eating and hunger will not stop you.

You have to learn to make hunger a friend. A mild hunger all day long is a sign you are losing weight. Its a good thing. I love being a little hungry all day long, I am even fasting today as I write this. I feel lighter on my feet and can do fantastically intense workouts while doing intermittent fasting.

The hardest thing to do when getting fit, in my opinion, is to stop seeing food as a way to relieve boredom and provide pleasure, and start seeing it as fuel for your body.

When you get hungry, go do something that keeps you busy, and this does not include sitting still watching TV or reading. Go for a walk, phone a friend and chat. Mow the lawn, do laundry, etc... Do something that keeps you busy.