S.B.F. Challenge. . . January 4

Options
Morning!

Today is bikram, as I finally feel full power enough for it.

I also have my first voice student in three years; (finally broke down and hung up my shingle, as I started to miss teaching privately) I'm actually a bit nervous about it. . .which is why I'm awake at such an early hour.

I also need to clean the house and take down the Christmas stuff. It was all over so quickly this year. . .

So, water, vits, very clean eating and bikram are today's goals.

Take care,
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Today is bikram, as I finally feel full power enough for it.

I also have my first voice student in three years; (finally broke down and hung up my shingle, as I started to miss teaching privately) I'm actually a bit nervous about it. . .which is why I'm awake at such an early hour.

I also need to clean the house and take down the Christmas stuff. It was all over so quickly this year. . .

So, water, vits, very clean eating and bikram are today's goals.

Take care,
    :flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Back on track, thank goodness! Lots of exercise yesterday, and I plan to repeat today.

Viviakay: I've been meaning to ask, what is bikram?

Bobbie
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Back on track, thank goodness! Lots of exercise yesterday, and I plan to repeat today.

Viviakay: I've been meaning to ask, what is bikram?

Bobbie

Aka: hot yoga. A yoga series done in a room heated to around 105 degrees F. Not for everyone, but I love it.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I sometimes get woozy from standing in a hot shower too long, so I am pretty sure bikram would be rough for me. Enjoy, V! :laugh:

I forgot to do pushups yesterday so that is my plan for today. And eating well and drinking my water. We are going to be taking down the Christmas decorations and tree as well. I have a 'passport' membership to all the Y's in my area (there are probably 15-20) and I keep meaning to check out the big new one in the suburbs, but it's 20 minutes away. Maybe I can convince my husband to go with me. It's apparently really swanky - a couple of pools, a rock-climbing wall, etc etc.

Happy Sunday! (and it's actually sunny again, hooray!)
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I think last night was the first really heathly meal I had (a huge salad with Chicken and Greek dressing!) I couldn't believe how great I felt after :laugh:

I'm going to have to work on cleaning the house and unpacking from our trip...then it's going to be hitting the gym! I have new running shoes that I wore and kind of got broken in but haven't done anything major in them so I'm excited about that!

You all have a good day...I'm off to find something to eat!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Today I am feeling much better! Thank goodness for shakes like slimfast to have when you are sick! Thats almost all I had yesterday so it wouldnt come back up! I managed to get almost 1200cals in! As a result my weight is back down to 189lbs like before the holidays! Now I hope to keep going down from there! Sometimes getting sick is a good thing! hahaha
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was just wondering what is S.B.F.? Just being nosey, sorry! :bigsmile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was just wondering what is S.B.F.? Just being nosey, sorry! :bigsmile:

Stronger, Better, Faster - it's a fitness challenge with each of us having our own goals.

V- what does "hung up my shingle" mean? Is this your personal trainer that you are coaching?

Well yesterday husband and I went for a 6 mile walk - not at the park like I was hoping, but we walked up to a favorite coffee shop, had a cookie, and walked back, so that was nice. It struck me that I'm active enough that a 6 mile walk does not satisfy my "step" requirement for the day (I aim for 22,000, which is about 10 miles).

Today I'm off to the gym as it is much cooler outside.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    NO run for me today, painting instead...ugh.

Bikram is awesome HOT yoga, literally.

V, I must be a scrooge because I am determined every year to get the darn xmas tree and decs down the day after christmas so I can clean up and get back to normal :blushing: That tree is a workout all it's own! :laugh:

Have great runs or whatever your plans are for today! :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

V- what does "hung up my shingle" mean? Is this your personal trainer that you are coaching?

I just discovered the origin of that phrase, so here's the complete nerdy answer. . .

my "shingle" is apparently my diploma, and to "hang up your shingle" means to advertise your experience in your trade. . .the student today is actually my yoga studio owners soon to be stepdaughter, so soon I'll have not one but two students. (The last time I started teaching I was up to 50 a week within a year. . .but I will NEVER let it get that crazy again. . .I got completely delirious):flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Funny - I always thought that the "shingle" was the actual piece of wood or metal sign that someone would hang up (literally or figuratively) saying "Voice Lessons" or whatever service they were offering. So I learned something today! :tongue: