Pancakes for breakfast

Options
2 eggs
2 tbs. uncooked oats
2 tbs. cottage cheese

Put in blender or food processor for maybe 30 seconds. Makes 2 good-sized pancakes, or you can put in muffin tins, fill about 1/2 full. Bake at 400 for 7-8 minutes.Makes 6 muffins.

I put agave on mine and they are delish!

Replies

• TexasLali
    Options
    I'm going to try this! Thanks for posting...:0)
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    pity i'm allergic to oatmeal :cry: cuz that sounds nummy
  • WalkTheTalk
    Options
    I forgot to post ......... only 205 cal; 10 carbs; 17 protein
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    2 tbs. uncooked oats
    2 tbs. cottage cheese

Put in blender or food processor for maybe 30 seconds. Makes 2 good-sized pancakes, or you can put in muffin tins, fill about 1/2 full. Bake at 400 for 7-8 minutes.Makes 6 muffins.

What kind of texture do you get? Fluffy or doughy? This looks like an easy recipe, and I LOVE that there is no flour! But I wonder about the consistency without baking soda/baking powder?
  • WalkTheTalk
    Options
    The pancakes have a texture like a crepe. The muffins are not really doughy ... a little fluffy, but not really light. I promise, they are yummy! You really don't even need to top with anything, or you can top with just about anything. :-)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    The pancakes have a texture like a crepe. The muffins are not really doughy ... a little fluffy, but not really light. I promise, they are yummy! You really don't even need to top with anything, or you can top with just about anything. :-)

Oo, crepes! Sounds AWESOME. I will be making these this weekend! I have a feeling my partner is going to love them (crepes are his favorite!)
  • jenn53
    Options
    I forgot to post ......... only 205 cal; 10 carbs; 17 protein

is this nutritional value for the entire recipe or for each pancake/muffin? just want to be sure to input it properly. i've been waiting to find a good pancake recipe that has no flour. thanks a bunch!
  • JasonsWeightliftingWife
    Options
    pity i'm allergic to oatmeal :cry: cuz that sounds nummy

Instead of oatmeal try organic coconut powder by Bob's Red Mill. I don't tolerate oatmeal very well, but I LOVE THE coconut
  • WalkTheTalk
    Options
    This is for the entire recipe. :-)
  • gazzball69
    Options
    Do you heat with oil and then pour the oil out as you place the mix in?

Just wondering if you cook them the same way as you would a traditional pancake.

Might try some now as a late snack :)
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    1 egg
    2 whites
    120g flour
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup applesauce
    splenda
    cinnamon
    baking powder
    10g Protein Powder (just enough for flavor)
    5-8g SF/FF Pudding (for fluffiness)
  • chchchangess
    Options
    nice, thanks for sharing! sounds lovely, I'll be sure to try it out soon.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    2 tbs. uncooked oats
    2 tbs. cottage cheese

What kind of texture do you get? Fluffy or doughy? This looks like an easy recipe, and I LOVE that there is no flour! But I wonder about the consistency without baking soda/baking powder?
    If you want to get complicated, you could separate and whip the whites first, then fold into the rest of the mix for some air.

Also, I guess there's no reason NOT to add some baking powder for lift. The eggs and cheese should have enough protein to hold them together so they'll rise.
  • mybutterfly63
    mybutterfly63 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump