Hormone Shots or 'drinking shots'

Options
What do you all think of this? I have a friend who last year went once a month to get a hormone shot. Yes, she walked for exercise, but her diet was eratic. She lost 50lbs or so (and I was jealous because her weight was coming off much faster than mine). However, she has gained all of that back plus some. My sister is now drinking the hormone shots you order on line. She is successful in losing, BUT, I told her that is not good for her. Everyone is looking for a Quick Fix!

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats eating cleanly and exercising.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I think you are right.. it is just that, a quick fix But, it is also a short time fix. To be healthy you need to modify your life style by eating healthy and exercising on a daily basis. Don't be jealous of those who lose weight to these drugs.. in the long run you will be better off and healthier and they will be jealous of you, and wished that they took the route you did!

p.s I looked at your pics and you look amazing :-)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    If I"m gonna drink a SHOT, it's going to be some fine liquer!!!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    People don't get out of shape over night, so the same doesn't happen in reverse.

You'll never see an Olympic Gymnast go to bed and wake up looking like the version of Elvis, or Marlon Brando...take your pick.

People get out of shape because of their lifestyles and it requires and entire lifestyle change to make lasting long-term changes in their bodies.

Quick fixes will never bring long-term results.
  • Kimberlycc
    Options
    I think you are right.. it is just that, a quick fix But, it is also a short time fix. To be healthy you need to modify your life style by eating healthy and exercising on a daily basis. Don't be jealous of those who lose weight to these drugs.. in the long run you will be better off and healthier and they will be jealous of you, and wished that they took the route you did!

p.s I looked at your pics and you look amazing :-)

Thank you, thank you! I let my exercising routine dwindle and that's why I gained back 15 lbs from last year! But, atleast it was only 15 and not 50...lol! I'm back at it again.
  • Kimberlycc
    Options
    If I"m gonna drink a SHOT, it's going to be some fine liquer!!!

Hilarious! Yep, you're right!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hormone shots are for cows. Not for people.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Is this the one that tricks the body into thinking it's pregnant and only allows 500 cals a day?
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options

I prefer my cow without added hormones too thank you!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    UUUUMMMM IM SURE WE HAVE ALL DRANK A HORMONE SHOT ONCE OR TWICE :wink: LOL
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    What do you all think of this? I have a friend who last year went once a month to get a hormone shot. Yes, she walked for exercise, but her diet was eratic. She lost 50lbs or so (and I was jealous because her weight was coming off much faster than mine). However, she has gained all of that back plus some. My sister is now drinking the hormone shots you order on line. She is successful in losing, BUT, I told her that is not good for her. Everyone is looking for a Quick Fix!

She might be referring to HcG and the HcG diet. It's interesting that she decided to take the oral supplement over the shots because they're not the same thing. People say they are but the injections are prescription only and the oral supplement you can buy at GNC so they can't possibly be the same. I'm funny about the whole oral hormone thing because my understanding is that those get broken down in your liver and especially those that abuse oral steroids have developed liver problems. Just not worth it to me.
  • Kimberlycc
    Options

She might be referring to HcG and the HcG diet. It's interesting that she decided to take the oral supplement over the shots because they're not the same thing. People say they are but the injections are prescription only and the oral supplement you can buy at GNC so they can't possibly be the same. I'm funny about the whole oral hormone thing because my understanding is that those get broken down in your liver and especially those that abuse oral steroids have developed liver problems. Just not worth it to me.

Yes, that's it. I think both were the HCG, my friend said it is the same hormone you produce when your pregnant. My sister got her's on-line. I don't believe in any of that stuff....they always find something that it harms. I say fruits, veggies, lean meat, chicken or fish and whole grains! And WORK YOUR BODY!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

would prefer them not in cows either
  • SiltyPigeon
    Options

I prefer my cow with lots of growth hormone and antibiotics... and it's especially tasty when they kick it once or twice before turning it into hamburger. On that note: HCG, when paired with the recommended 500 calorie diet, sounds perfectly healthy to me.
  • JNick77
    Options

I prefer my cow with lots of growth hormone and antibiotics... and it's especially tasty when they kick it once or twice before turning it into hamburger. On that note: HCG, when paired with the recommended 500 calorie diet, sounds perfectly healthy to me.

I don't get how 500 calories is healthy, HcG doesn't get converted to energy and any pregnant women I know eat like fiends. For instance just looking at your ticker at 120 lbs. Assuming you BF is about average and you have light activity your resting metabolic rate plus light activity come out to 1179 calories. How you can sustain a 500 cal/day diet is beyond me and how it's good long-term is anybody's guess.
  • SiltyPigeon
    Options

I don't get how 500 calories is healthy, HcG doesn't get converted to energy and any pregnant women I know eat like fiends. For instance just looking at your ticker at 120 lbs. Assuming you BF is about average and you have light activity your resting metabolic rate plus light activity come out to 1179 calories. How you can sustain a 500 cal/day diet is beyond me and how it's good long-term is anybody's guess.

**somebody forgot his sarcasm meter today**
  • JNick77
    Options

**somebody forgot his sarcasm meter today**

Sorry. I've seen so many people defend this. :laugh: