I am sick of...

1) Trying on everything in my closet, over and over again, to figure out what makes me feel and look less fat.
2) Hating my thighs, my butt, my double chin, my flabby arms.
3) Figuring out which way to pose in a picture so all those in #2 don't show or are minimized.
4) Feeling totally tortured that my husband's ex is in phenomenal shape and wondering if he wishes I was more like her. (I know, this is stupid)
5) To go with #3 above--cropping half of me out of pictures or using a skinny filter...
6) Looking in the mirror, and wanting so hard to love what I see, and instead, feeling gross.

I know that losing weight and getting in shape won't make ALL of my insecurities magically disappear--but it will help with self-esteem and confidence.

Replies

• dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Good luck!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    you can do it and you will find things to never get sick of!
  • Positiv thinking is the secret. Good luck and dont give up
  • You can do it! and your confidence will improve ten fold. Most of those insecurities WILL disappear!
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Hey I think you pretty darned good for a mama of six! Woweee you've been through alot especially with six
    You'll feel better in no time once you start tracking your efforts and food diary. Don't worry about the scale as it will go up and down and may sabatage the feeling you want. Take your measurements instead. This worked for me.
    Wishing you all the best and take good care of yourself. You may friend me if you want.
  • Take the list stick it on a wall where you work out & on the fridge &
    use those things to motivate you to keep working harder...
    So then you can look in the mirror and go from UGH to DAMN!!!! :happy:
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    now try being positive... what do you love? What do you know you will never grow tired of? Make that list :)
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    I am sick of....
    1) Finding shirts that are long enough to cover my gut.
    2) Finding shirts that are loose enough to not show my fat rolls.
    3) Finding shirts that fit #1 and #2 without making me look like I'm 7 months pregnant.
    4) Finding pants that don't have low waists, so my gut doesn't hang over it.
    5) Finding underwear that doesn't let my gut hang over.
    6) Finding pants that aren't so tight across the butt that it shows every detail of my panties.
    7) Finding pants that don't give me camel toe.
    8) Having to manually shift my belly to see my private parts.
    9) Worrying that this weight loss will make me lose the only weight I WANT to keep.....in my chest.