Former smokers: have you been dreaming about smoking?

Options
I haven't smoked in years, but since starting MFP I have been dreaming about cigarettes and smoking. I woke up disgusted with myself for having smoked and then I realized it was a dream. Has that happened to anyone else?

Replies

• mrskaylaftw
    Options
    whaT IS mfp? lol
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    whaT IS mfp? lol

the site you are on.
    *lightbulb*
  • 1FineFaye84
    1FineFaye84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the smoking dream myself yet, but I hear that once you have the dream you've officially quit. But maybe this doesn't pertain to all people since you've quit years ago.. It's only been 2 months for me! I do dream that I have the opportunity to smoke and I say no. I still have real cravings at night though. That's when I usually smoked, so it can be difficult.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Nope! Sure havent!! I quit on Dec 24th, 2010 at 11:50 pm cold turkey! I have not wanted one of those disgutsing things since. I'm offically a non smoker now! And it feels great! It took me 20 years to finally quit. I cant stand to be around them anymore.
  • superwoman2798
    superwoman2798 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    it might me related to feelings of deprevation. Something you may feel now, and something you felt when quitting smoking. I'm currently quitting and I am reading allen carrs easyway to quit smoking. Great book, he also has a book called allen carrs easyway to lose weight.
    In it he makes a point of saying. you are not depriving yourself of anything, rather gaining everything!
  • 1FineFaye84
    1FineFaye84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    MFP... MyFitnessPal
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I quit like 8 years ago or something along that line & I still have an occasional dream about smoking.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    whaT IS mfp? lol

That was sarcastic....right? Right? Please say so...
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    oh my, yes. I obsessed about smoking yesterday...wanted to go search thru my sons truck to find a stray cig. I think hunger, deprivation, and whatever weird chemical soup that's released into your bloodstream as your body burns fat is responsible.
  • I quit January 30th 2009 after reading the Allen Carr book and while I have no conscious desire to smoke I have that dream a few times a month. Dreams are just dreams.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    whaT IS mfp? lol

the site you are on.
    *lightbulb*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    Yes, all the time ;(
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY. and to make it worse- while i was pregnant i would have dreams that i was smoking and drinking all the time ;)
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i also dream about eating doughnuts and cake while i am trying to "diet"
  • hollybearrington
    Options
    I quit jan 22, 09 . I dont think about smoking havent dreamed about it either. the smells of them are stronger and makes me think eeeww.......

Also once a smoker always a smoker. its like everything else.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Congrats to all you former smokers and good luck to those of you quitting! I think there may be a lot of truth to the feeling of deprivation argument. I recently started eliminating gluten from my diet, and I miss pizza! Maybe I'm linking the two things subconsiously. Also, it occured to me that my weirdo neighbor might be out in the back yard in the middle of the night smoking. Maybe the smoke is coming in the window and I'm incorporating it into my dreams!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I gave up the cig's cold turkey about 10 years ago.. every so often I'll dream about smoking, or will get hit with the biggest urge to have one. On the flip side, some times I get a whiff of one and it will all but make me sick. I'm in the same boat as the other poster who said she dreamed of them and drinking while pregnant... something about not having the option to do it makes it more desirable. Stay strong!!! :)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I dream about building a smoke house to smoke my beef and pork with no preservatives............

Wait - oh you mean cigarette smoking. No I don't think that is anything to dream about............. :flowerforyou:
  • mrskaylaftw
    Options
    LOL no it wasnt

but now i feel ....

yeah you already know

*blushes*
    leave me alone LOL
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i have had a couple of dreams where smoking has played a roll. i had gone about two weeks (i think) without a smoke and i had a dream where a friend i hadnt seen in a while was smoking and offered me her cigarette and i took it and then when i woke up i REALLY wanted one, so i broke down and as soon as i left the gym that morning i bought some and had 3 or 4, before the end of the day i tossed them and got back on the wagon.