New to MFP

Hello Everybody,

My name is Mike and I am new to MFP and Looking forward to achieving new breakthroughs in Health and Fitness. I have tried to go at it alone with very little success. A friend recommended this site to me yesterday. I started tracking my calories and was amazed at how easily I can have a 1200 calorie meal in one sitting. I am currently 39 and I am turning 40 July 2012. My goal for 40 is to be in the best shape of my life and carry it into the rest of my life. I have 3 wonderful kids that I want to able to participate in all aspects of their lives. I also have beautiful wife that I want to continue expressing my love for in every which I can and I do not want age and health to be an issue.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible on this site.

Regards,
Mike

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Those are fantastic goals/motivations. I was in much the same situation last Thanksgiving. I told myself that 2011 was my age 40 year (I turned 40 in August) and enough was enough. I had to get control of my health for myself, my wife, and my kids. I know health risks increase in the 40s and I don't want to tempt fate simply because I'm too weak to be healthy. So far, so good on my mission.

I have already committed to being healthier at 41 than I was when I turned 40.
  • Hi Mike,

You have a great reason for gaining the motivation to accomplish your goals. Just remember that you can do it! I'm new to MFP as well, and am still learning how to navigate around. So far, I like what I see. A lot of inspirational stories, encouragement, and support. I wish you the best in your journey!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Hi Mike,
    Welcome to MFP and we are all here to support and help each other meet our goals. You have wonderful motivation and your are truly blessed. You can do it! I have been here consistently since April with good success when disciplined. I never stray to far and MFP keeps meet motivated and grounded. Some really great people on here.
  • Hi Mike...Welcome to MFP. I hope that you find the support and motivation here that you need. Feel free to add me.